Chapter twenty two

The walk was long but I didn't care

The walk was long but I didn't care. My mind was just wandering.

Maybe Mizu would stop loving me when she finds someone better.

I truly am good for nothing am I?

Of course I can stitch up wounds or treat injured and sick people but what was I really good for?

All this time I have done nothing but be in the way. Mizu told me to stay away but I still thought I could help her and we both got hurt in the end. I went to buy food and ended up getting into trouble and Mizu had to get me out of it.

Plus I was weak. We both knew that. She was a strong and independent woman and I always had to rely on others. As long as I remember it was like that. Even though I needed to do hart work at home even as a child it never changed. But back then I couldn't even do most of the tasks so my siblings helped me. I remember the bruises I got because I needed to clutch onto the things I carried so hard so I wouldn't let them fall.

I was good for nothing.

Maybe I should have stayed with my family and just married that man, he didn't care I was ugly and weak.

Does Mizu care that I'm ugly?

Maybe when we travel she will see another woman and leave me. Won't she?

I'm not attractive, I don't have any boobs, well I guess I do have but when we where at the brothel the woman has way more.
They are attractive that's why men go there, right?
Mizu could just toss me away if she wants too right?

"What are you thinking about?"

I was ripped out of my thoughts.

"Nothing."

I couldn't tell Mizu right now.

"Come on, I know when you are upset, you always fiddle with your fingers and if it's something really bad you start biting your lip."

I didn't do anything like that.

I felt Mizu's thumb brush over my lip and when she showed me her finger there was a small spot of blood.

"Oh, I didn't notice."

"You want to talk about it?"

"No it's fine. We should concentrate."

She let out a soft hum, but I don't really know why I just thought that Mizu would leave me. I know her since forever and all this time she could have found someone better but she stayed with me. She wanted Ringo away but she wanted me to stay. It must mean something right?

"Are you scared Mizu?"

"Scared of what?"

"That we will fail?"

"Maybe I am, but I'm not scared to die, the only fear I have is that I won't kill those bastards."

"What if you die? What do I do then?"

Mizu stopped in her tracks. Ringo gave us a questioning look, I forgot about him honestly.

"Then you will go on without me."

"How can I do that? I've only been with you. Since the day I meet you I only went to you every day. How could I just go on?"

"I don't plan to die Aoi."

She walked again. Did I upset her? Maybe I shouldn't have broth that up.

It wasn't long until we reached Edo. Even though I thought it would take longer.
______

Why does it take me so long to get to the last two episodes????😭