PART 6

Jungkook was downstairs eating dinner.

and the maid asked "Jungkook, sir, Mrs. Ariana hasn't come down for dinner yet. Should I bring her some food upstairs?" The maid's voice interrupted Jungkook's meal, drawing his attention away from his plate.

Jungkook paused, his thoughts momentarily distracted from his food as he considered the maid's question. He glanced at the clock, noting the lateness of the hour, and then back at the maid.

"No need," he replied curtly, his tone betraying none of the turmoil brewing beneath the surface. "She can eat later if she's hungry."

The maid nodded, understanding Jungkook's dismissal, and quietly left the dining room, leaving him alone with his thoughts once more.

Meanwhile, upstairs in their bedroom, Ariana stirred from her fitful sleep, her dreams haunted by echoes of Jungkook's harsh words. She blinked away the remnants of tears as she sat up groggily, her thoughts still clouded with confusion and despair.

Feeling the weight of exhaustion bearing down on her, Ariana dragged herself out of bed and made her way to the bathroom. She splashed cold water on her face, trying to wash away the remnants of her tears and the ache in her heart.

As she stared at her reflection in the mirror, Ariana couldn't help but blame herself for the mess she found herself in. She should have been more careful, more responsible. She should have known better than to let herself get swept up in a whirlwind of emotions and deception.

With a heavy sigh, Ariana returned to the bedroom and collapsed onto the bed, her body feeling bone-weary and drained. She curled up beneath the blankets, seeking solace in the comforting embrace of sleep, if only to escape the turmoil of her thoughts for a few precious moments.

But even as sleep claimed her, Ariana's dreams were haunted by visions of what could have been, the ghost of her unborn child a constant reminder of the choices she had made and the consequences she now faced.

JIn the dimly lit room, the tension hung heavy like a fog, thick and suffocating. Jungkook, his patience worn thin, felt the weight of the evening's events pressing down on him like a lead blanket. He had meticulously arranged a peaceful dinner, a respite from the chaos of their lives, only to have it shattered by Ariana's incessant drama.

Frustration bubbled within him as he retreated to his study, seeking solace in the quiet of his thoughts. But even there, the echoes of Ariana's turmoil reverberated, disrupting his concentration like a discordant symphony.

With a heavy heart and a weary sigh, Jungkook surrendered to exhaustion, seeking refuge in sleep. Yet, even in the realm of dreams, there was no escape from the turmoil of reality. Ariana lay beside him, her form peaceful in slumber, a stark contrast to the turmoil raging within Jungkook's mind.

As morning's light filtered through the curtains, Jungkook found himself awake, his senses alert to the slightest movement beside him. Ariana stirred, her hand coming to rest on his chest, a fleeting moment of intimacy amidst the storm of their relationship.

He wanted to shake her off, to cast aside the reminder of their tangled emotions, but something held him back. Perhaps it was a remnant of the love he once felt, or maybe it was simply the fear of confronting the truth that lay between them.

Ariana's soft voice broke the silence, her words a whispered plea that tugged at Jungkook's heartstrings. "Baby," she murmured, her gaze drifting to her swollen belly, a silent testament to the tangled web of their lives.

Jungkook's eyes fluttered closed, a barrier against the vulnerability that threatened to consume him. He could feel Ariana's gaze upon him, a silent accusation that pierced through his defenses like a dagger.