Above the Clouds

———Y/N———

"Would you like to become part of our family?"

I thought for a while, and noticed the birds outside chirping. I noticed the sky, slightly cloudier then usual. I noticed that the bird that was chirping a moment ago, was just attacked by another one. I noticed all of the smallest things, perhaps there was something attempting to tell me that everything's not what it seems.

"How would I become part of your family, I'm not exactly sure if it's a good idea."

The two seemed taken aback, they gave eachother a look and then Zeno nodded at Silva,
"Well, if you married into the family, you would become our daughter. Additionally, Kiyoko has always admired you and loved your presence. Having you back has caused her to wish this more now, as we didn't think that you would ever come back."

Zeno added in,
"When we found out that you hadn't left of your own will, we were ready to kill anything that stood in our way. But we don't think that us forcing you into the family is a good idea, nor is it what we want. We don't usually wish for things to happen of their own accord, but you seem slightly, different. We don't think that we'll get anywhere if you are forced into a situation."

"Ah, I see." Marry Illumi? Is that what he wanted, deep down? Or was he following something that his parents set in place again. Perhaps he noticed that it was be from the beginning, and that's why he was so trusting of his identity in the swamp. Perhaps his mother is the reason to why he was acting so kindly to me this entire time.

"I do not want any miscommunications to happen, so I might as well say it now." I paused for a second, and I straightened my posture. Shivers were climbing up and down my spine, and fear started to engulf me. I doubt that either of these men had ever had the word "no" used against them in their lives, "I have absolutely no intention of currently marrying Illumi, or anyone for that matter".

The two men's expressions did not change, and then Zeno tilted a closed-eye smile,
"Well I hope that your opinion does change some day, and I'm sure that Illumi is in no rush to get married. Just give it some time". And with that, the two turned their backs and walked out the doors.

The window behind me, I could see the entire mountain from the window. The field that I had been taken from, the place where I used to run around with Illumi, and the area where I had just previously spoken to Mike. The sunlight was almost etherial, the room was glistening, and I could feel the warmth bouncing off of me from outside. There was an odd pull that felt to be wrapping itself around me, well at least mentally of course. I could feel the vibrations of the house as the wind swayed.

There was an odd feeling, one telling me to leave the house, to run free. The earth below me felt like it was trembling, roaring. The wind was gradually becoming angrier, pushing me, pleading.

"Follow it.  Follow the feeling. Follow your thoughts"

What was this? A voice crept its way into my head, into my mind. What should I do? How should I do things? Where should I go.

Wavering feelings crept into my body, my mind was flooding, my breaths became shallow and shaky. 

"Follow me."

I couldn't take this feeling anymore, this feeling, this voice, I needed to escape.

My wings ripped out from under my clothes, leaving tears in the tight dark dress that was given to me to wear to dinner that night.

The suffocating feeling engulfing my body soon vanished as I made my way through the grand window that was already opened, taunting me to dive straight through it. And thats exactly what I was going to do.