Fight Fight Fight

———Y/N———
Wow, I can't believe that I forgot all of that. I wonder how I didn't remember that, but how did that memory with red haired boy end..?

"Hurry up Y/N! You're not paying attention!" The group of younger boys all yelled at me. Even though our encounters during this exam were limited compared to those of Illumi and Hisoka, they seemed to have grown on me. I felt the need to protect them... I wonder why.

The last phase of the exam was finally taking place. There was no one that seemed too pumped up about the fights, other then Hisoka of course.

"Y/N! You're up first!" A little green haired boy told me.

I giggled, maybe there was more then one person excited about the fights coming up.

"Who am I up against, I hummed".

"Um... It looks like Kurapika."

——————

"So Y/N It seems that we're fighting against eachother".

"It seems so, but I'm not too good at hand to had combat." I frowned, I didn't just want to forfeit the first match, what a bummer that would be.

"I feel like you are underestimating yourself."

Hisoka could be heard giggling from the outskirts, seemingly unphased and uncaring of the way that this fight would end.

On the other hand, I looked over to Illumi and he seemed to be, internally at least, a worried wreck. They really are opposites...

Kurapika looked almost nervous, but still held his head high and confident,
"Are you going to start the fight Y/N?"

"Um... No I don't think I will".  He gave a somewhat dumbfounded look. I didn't budge from the starting time of the 'fight'.

Killua was whispering over to Gon, and they had started a tic-tac-toe game on the floor with the expo marker that was used to create the exam bracket.

"I think that this is going to become a stand-off rather then a fight." Killua whisper-grumbled.

"Yeah, but at least it's better then then one of them getting hurt." Gon started, but Killua just pouted.

"But this is going to be soooooo boringg". Killua seemed rather upset that all of this was happening, well after all he did come here to clear his boredom.

Kurapika didn't seem to be making a move anytime soon, he probably had some kind of moral that didn't let him hit women. I hope that wasn't the reason why he wasn't fighting me though, I feel that it's a bit different... We could think of it as sparring!

"Hey Kurapika, what if we think of this as sparring, and whoever 'dies' three times will be the winner?"

"Hmm..." He thought, tapping his chin and looking up, "I suppose I would be alright with that, but what is the definition of 'die'?"

"Getting hit in a vital spot, I suppose."

"Alright, then let's start this."

He took a step towards me, and then brought his hand forward in somewhat of a fighting stance. I still stood there.

Kurapika deadpanned,
"Are you still not moving?" He sweatdropped.

"I, uh- I don't know any fighting stances, sorry. I kinda just fight when I need to?" I shrugged, and kinda felt bad. I felt that I was somewhat letting down his expectations of me.

"Ah."

It was quiet in the room for a bit, and I realized that he was just going to continue to stand there, and was prepared to do so for the rest of the day if he had to.