The Outside World

------Y/N------

The outside world was so interesting, with so many people and how clean it is. It's much colder in Zaban City then I would have thought, but that's alright I suppose, it didn't bother me. 

Before I left, I concealed my wings with Nen. It would make it easier to navigate through crowds, and additionally would make me less vulnerable to others. 

I wanted to do something fun, it had been so long since I had left Meteor City, well actually I don't quite ever remember leaving Meteor City. 

The bustling streets were filled with so many different kinds of people, and I looked up to see a large sign near the beginning of a town labeled "Zaban City", deciding to enter and explore this foreign place. 

My stomach grumbled, and it was definitely time to find somewhere to eat, or some kind of snack. I looked around, and smelled the savory aroma of meat. 

Hurrying in, I quickly went up to the counter. And noticed a customer with odd bright-pink hair, aswell as a colorful outfit that was getting a few looks from those sitting down and eating. He muttered the way that he wanted his food cooked, and I walked up behind him, trying to overhear to know what I could possibly get. 

I had never been to a restaurant before, but I figured that I could just follow what the odd man in front of me did.

"What would you like today  ma'am?" The person taking the man's order came back and held a notepad in front of him. 

"I would like the same meal that the man in front of me had, please." The man gave me an odd look, and then scanned my figure up and down. 

"Are you sure that's what you want?" He looked slightly suprised at what I had asked for. 

"Yes, I am positive". I loved trying new foods. There weren't many to choose from in Meteor City, but I had the chance to try several samples from food stands in the previous town I was exploring in. 

"Okay ma'am, now please follow me". 

I was lead to a room in the back of the restaurant , and the room was slow for a while, and then slowly started going down.  The panic in me arose, but I figured that it was nothing that I couldn't break out of.  

Right as I was about to break through the wall, the room stopped moving, and instead the doors opened. A little green guy greeted me on the other side.

"Here is your badge, for the exam, you will be number 45". 

I blinked, confused. 

"Exam?" 

"Yes, The Hunter's Exam! Now goodluck, and stay safe!" Another person walked out of the doors from the moving room, and he walked over to him. 

"Huh, what should I do with the number?". Scanning the room, I checked to see what the others were doing with their badges. Everyone just pinned it onto themselves in some visible way, So I placed it on the upper part of my thigh. 

"Interesting place to put your badge~" The man from before cooed to me. I didn't mean to put it in an odd spot, but why was he speaking to me?". 

"Is it really?" I was somewhat upset that I hadn't done the right thing , but he just hummed and shrugged his shoulders. 

"What is your name dear?" 

I thought for a moment. In Meteor City, our names were the only things that we had; often times we never told anyone our names, if people had one at all. But then again, this isn't Meteor City. 

"What is your name?" I confronted him. If he told me his name, I would know that it was normal to tell people here. 

"Hmm... My name is Hisoka, dear. Now tell me yours."

"My name is Y/N." I blushed. It felt odd to give someone my name. 

How odd the outside world was...