Family?

———Y/n———

"Come on Y/N."  Illumi took my hand, and somewhat forcefully moved my body along.

"Ah, sorry Illumi. Mike and I were just talking." Illumi's brows furrowed, and he seemed rather confused.

"You were talking? With Mike?"

"Yes"

"And what did you... and Mike say exactly?" His words were drawn out, and somewhat skeptical. It seemed that he didn't believe me, but honestly I don't blame him. If someone told me that they were talking to a dog I'm not too sure if I would believe them either. Actually I probably would believe them, depending on the person...

"We were talking about where I came from, he said that it was hard to believe that I was born in Meteor City."

"And why is that hard to believe?"

"He said that my aura felt off. He didn't think that my aura fit for a human? I guess he thought that I was more similar to him than I was to a normal person, or something like that"

"How odd."

Illumi and I continued walking down the path that led to the house, and then a girl with a large cane stood by one of the gates going into the mansion.

"Oh! She's new here too!"

"Obviously, she wasn't alive yet the last time that you were here. Milluki was barely alive yet. There are going to be many differences, and the only staff that will probably remember or notice you is Geto." I was somewhat disappointed by his words, and it somewhat seemed like Illumi held a growing sense of irritation. I hope that he would calm down soon.

"Ah, I'm sorry." I held my head a little lower then usual, but not enough for it to be completely noticeable to Illumi. In doing this, he squeezed my hand tighter if only for a second. But even so, it slightly helped to calm my nerves.

"Hello Master Illumi" The girl said and stood out of the way so that the two of us could pass. She somewhat gave me a worried glance as she moved, as if curious to why I was here at the estate, but she did not seem like she would say anything to me if Illumi was around.

Illumi didn't respond to the girl, and continued walking with his head forward, but suddenly I could hear others behind us. They sounded rather similar, but it seemed that they were still by the testing gate.

"Illumi, do you hear that? Someone else is coming in."

"It might be that group of boys and the old man who were all saying that they were going to take Killua away." Ah, I had almost forgotten about that. I hope that they did well, and that they could get their friend back if he's happy with it.

"Oh, I see..."

——————

We arrived at the front of the Mansion, and it was just how I remembered it. It looked like it was straight out of a rennisance painting, where you could see everything happening. It made you question what the insides of the mansion looked like, what history it held, and wonder in the people who resided in there. But, I knew the answer to all of those questions.

There was a woman standing on the porch in front of the entrance doors with something over her eyes, kind of like glasses, but you couldn't see her eyes from the other side. She had bandages over her face, and she was wearing a large hat over her head with a frilly dress.

When she caught sight of the two of us, she didn't make a sound and instantly dashed over to us. She completely disregarded Illumi, and instead her arms wrapped themselves around me and her knees collapsed, causing both of us to fall down.