Chapter 2

Y/N's POV:

Y/N's POV:

I entered the bathroom and began to undress. I prepped the bathtub, and the floral scent of the bathbomb hit my nostrils.The smell itself was refreshing.

I got into the tub, and the warm water felt refreshing against my skin. My body felt refreshed, but not my soul. I doubt that is ever going to happen.

I jumped out of my thoughts when I heard a knock on the door. 

I do not think I can go out right now to open the door for God knows who.

I just let it be. After three knocks, I hear the door open and shut. It is probably a maid.

Soon, I hear light footsteps, and the bathroom door opens. 

"Lia?" I am completely taken aback because this is the first time she has set foot in my room this year. However, in my business, she always does.

Despite her apparent disinterest, I believe she had to say something. 

"What do you want?" I asked sharply. Despite my best efforts to speak softly, I came across as cold. It is not my fault that my voice changes depending on who I am speaking to. 

"Mom." She simply responded because that single word made my blood boil.  

My gaze shifted away from her. She already knew the answer. She can see the fury in my eyes, even though I am not looking her way. 

She left, knowing it would not take me more than 5 minutes to burst out of my room.

Lia was my step sister. Mrs Wang, my stepmother (aside from the fact that she is married to y/n's father), raised a brat who knows nothing but whoring. Lia was four years younger than me, but unfortunately she was born on the same day as my birthday.

So, in short, today is her birthday as well.

All of the dark memories of that day quickly flooded back into my mind. How we had to cancel my birthday party just as I was about to cut the cake because she said her water had broken. But I was fully aware that she was lying.

Since then, she has been causing havoc on my birthday. It had always seemed like it was only Lia's birthday, not mine.

Then my mind wandered to my 12th birthday. It was the last time I celebrated my birthday. Since then, I have stopped celebrating my birthdays. It brings back all of the sad memories.

Unknowingly, a tear rolled down my cheeks and down to my neck.

Pushing the thoughts aside, I got out of the bathtub and went about my skin care routine.

I started to ramble clothes in my closet but could not find a perfect outfit for the day. 

Finally, I went with a more casual outfit.

:( Sorry if my taste isn't your type. If you do not like it, imagine one for yourself:)

I go downstairs and find my stepmother sitting on the couch with a man. She was facing me, but I could not see the man because he was sitting across from her with his back to me.  

My stepmother notices me and gets up from her seat, motioning for me to come to her.

I obeyed her out of curiosity. And I finally got to see the man's face.

"Eunwoo?"

________________________________

Word count: 557