Part 25

Aniket looked outside the window as a young boy came to his car and knocked on the window glass while he was stuck in the traffic. Aniket discreetly looked around and then lowered the window when he didn't find anything fishy.

The boy streched out a bunch of stationery towards Aniket. "Le lo na sahib. Sirf Das ka hai ek,"

"Kitne hai tumhare paas?" Aniket asked as he pulled off a few notes from his wallet.

"Saare?" The boy counted the items in his hands and looked back at Aniket. "Bees hai,"

"Saare de do," Aniket smiled.

"Saare? Bees ke bees?" The boy asked in surprise.

"Haan, saare de do."

"20 ke 200 honge. Kam nhi Karunga. 10 ke bhav me Lena Hai toh lo," The boy spoke with all the confidence.

Aniket bit back his smile. "Haan thik hai. De do saare,"

"Udhaar bhi nhi doonga." The boy gave him a suspicious look. People hardly bought a single piece. Why was this man buying all the twenty pieces?

Aniket raised his eyebrows. The little kid was doubting on him? A lawyer?

The boy stared at him with equal attitude. "200." He repeated.

Aniket gave up after good three minutes and handed him the amount. "Yeh lo. Ab toh doge?"

The boy's eyes lit up. He took the money and handed Aniket the stationeries. "Shukriya, sahib. Bohot bohot shukriya."

Aniket's eyes softened at the changed demeanor. "Kya karoge iss paise ka?"

The boy gave him a wide smile. "Mere chhote bhai ka janamdin hai. Asked liye woh rang birange gubbare leke jaunga," He pointed towards one of the stalls over other side of street.

Aniket was humbled by the innocent smile on his face. "Aaj uska birth..janamdin hai?"

The boy nodded earnestly.

Aniket pulled a small package from backseat and handed it over to the boy. The boy didn't reach for it and gave a questioning look to Aniket.

"Tumhare Bhai ka janamdin hai na, isme chocolates hai." Aniket smiled at him. "Yeh bhi de dena use,"

"Nahi, sahib," The boy shook his head. "Mere hisse ka le liya maine." He pointed towards the money. "Isse jyada nhi chahiye."

Aniket was impressed. "Le lo. Meri taraf se tohfa samajh lo. Mujhe pen ki bohot zarurat thi aur Kharidne ka time nhi tha. Tumne meri madad Kar di yahan aake. Rakh lo yeh meri taraf se,"

"Sachi?"

Aniket nodded. The boy's face glowed with happiness when he took the chocolates and ran away after thanking Aniket. Aniket smiled to himself. Younger siblings always had the elder ones wrapped around their little finger. His smile widened as he remembered Arnav had been the same around him. And then his smile wavered. He had insulted his brother's love once, he was scared of doing it again.

"Eat a little, Ani. You'll be hungry afterwards." Arnav insisted.

Aniket looked up. "Aap khila doge?" He blurted out.

Arnav's head snapped towards him. Aniket saw how his brother's eyes had lit up and had to rub his own eyes to cover up the frostiness. He had been putting Arnav at distance without realising that it was not just hurting him but his brother as well.

"Do you have to ask, Ani?" Arnav said, while he walked to Aniket's side and pulled a chair opposite to him. He took the plate of food, tore a morsel and brought it to Aniket's mouth with all the love he had.