Chapter 8-A New Genesis Awaits

Luffy felt the monster start to disappear. He closed his eyes, his strength was almost completely gone. He was half expecting to fall from the air, but when he opened his eyes again, Luffy was safe on the ground. He was resting on a slab of the ground which had broken in two, letting him sit upright.

It was sunset already. It was beautiful, Luffy thought. "Luffy!" Shanks ran over to the 19 year old, clearly worried. "Hongo!" the man shouted. Hongo, who was the doctor of the red-haired pirates, tossed a bottle of medicine. "If you drink this and sleep, you can make it. " Shanks said serious.

Luffy didn't take it instead saying, "Shanks...I didn't really want to see you again. But I'm so glad you came anyways..." The red-haired man stopped him from saying anymore, instructing, "Stop talking and drink."

Before he could do anything, a gunshot rang out, cutting through the air.

Luffy and Shanks looked towards the noise. Luffys eyes widened. The people. They weren't waking up, and they were still attacking the Marines. The Sweet General Katakuri yelled, "Whats going on? I thought defeating the Demon King would return their souls!"

Luffys felt like everything had stopped. He had promised them he would let them go. His soul was in the real world, but for some reason, theirs weren't. "Stop....please stop fighting.." he whispered. He felt like he was on the verge of tears.

-------------------------------------------------------

"Why aren't we waking up?" Usopp shouted, panic in the edges of his voice.

"It's too late. The dream world has been consumed by the power of Tot Musica." Gordon said. Uta felt horror fill her.

Chopper gasped "No..."

-------------------------------------------------------

"Luffy, drink the damn medicine." Shanks commanded, but Luffy shoved the bottle away. Saving the people was more important than his own life. "I-I can't. I have to sing. I have to bring them all back."

Shanks' expression soften a little, and Luffy continued, "My singing...can still...save people." The boy struggled to his feet and stumbled as he gained his footing. He was feeling dizzy and everything hurt. He was dying. His life was coming to a close.

The boy stumbled up to a rise, and attempted to get up. Shanks walked over to him, extending his arm and helping him up. As Luffy tripped his way up the rise, he said quietly to the world, "I am Luffy, a singer who will change the world..."

The sunset reflects on the ocean water. Luffy filled his lungs with air. His lungs rattled and shook painfully. Luffy didn't care though. He had to sing.

"I recall that day we played together by the sea
Just you and me
Still that scent of ocean seems to fade each passing day
It slips away
So I sing an old familiar song, I hope you know the one
I will sing to call you back to me"

Luffys voice shook. The sunlight reflected in his eyes. As his power released the ones who were trapped, golden trails of lights shimmered around the island. His power was working.

"I need you to hear it, need you to believe in
Something out there beyond the open sea, out in the starlight
I need you to hear it, need you to believe it
There's a wind stirring my wings that is always beckoning
Calling me above into the open sky"

In the song world, the golden trails surround the pirates stuck. "Beautiful..." someone whispered.

"The voice of an angel. That's Luffy..." Gorden spoke.

"Trying to believe it, I want to believe it
Something out there beyond the open sea, out in the starlight
Trying to believe it, I think I believe it
That one day we'll meet again and continue this dreamland
In the gleaming dawn, we'll wake up
Once again"

Light enveloped the song world, and Uta flet her eyes start to close. She was suddenly so tired. Her friend had freed them. A small smiled etched itself on her face as warm embraced her, and she slipped into sleep.

-------------------------------------------------------

"Shanks...is Uta....?" Luffy whispered. "She's back." Shanks told the boy. Yasopp walked over  confirming, "The entire audience as well." Luffy sighed with relief, whispering, "Thanks goodness..." and leaning on the red-haired man in exhaustion. "I'm sorry. I should have believed in you guys. But...you still came and helped me. Thank you.."

Shanks didn't respond, instead, uncapping the medicine. Luffy could still live. The man pressed the bottle against the boys lips, willing him to drink the antidote.  Luffy looked up and asked, "What...? Why are you still trying to save me? After everything I've done....?"

Before Shanks could respond, the light admiral called out, "So, how about you give up Luffy, the criminal who almost destroyed the world to us?" The Red-Haired pirates instantly took up a defensive position around the little island they were on. "I suppose you aren't going to give in, then?" the man stated.

"This boy, is like my son. If you wanna take him, you'd better be ready to die." Shanks responded coldly, releasing a wave of  Conquerers Haki. Luffy felt his eyes well up with tears. Shanks saw him as a son?

Most of the Marines collapsed, not being able to stand the emperors Haki. "So this is the Haki of Shanks, an emperor of the sea?" the light admiral wondered aloud. The blind admiral ordered, "Stand down. I don't want to wage war with so many civilians around."

The Marines left. Their ships sailed in the distance. Luffy was still crying. Shanks turned to the boy once again and said, "Luffy. I don't care what kind of thing you've done. You're as precious to me as Uta is. Now, drink the medicine."

Luffy simply nodded, and drank the antidote. He suddenly felt so much more tired. All he said before he dozed off was, "Please. Let me say sorry....to...Uta..." His eyes closed, and the boy fell into a deep sleep.

When Uta awoke, the first thing she saw was her friend. He was asleep, his breathing deep and calm. "Luffy..." she whisper to herself. It as crew was waking up too. She stood up and walked over to her friend. "What are you doing?" Zoro asked.

"Picking him up. He shouldn't sleep on the ground. Sunny is much more comfortable." she responded cheerily. Zoro desdpanned and started, "But he-". "I don't care what he did. He's like my brother. He fixed his mistakes, and plus I was thinking of asking him to join the crew."

A/n
Heyyy
Thank you for reading this! Im really proud I was able to write and finish this story! I might write some other spin offs (I've had a certain idea for a sequel or this in Wano ;D) but this is the end of this book!

Thanks