Chapter 3-A change of heart?

I do not own One Piece

"Because Shanks gave me the hat! Why else would I have it?" Uta responded defensively. Luffy glared at her but let it go. He started singing again and Uta and her crew went back to their island.

-------------------------------------------

"Shouldn't we do something now?" Helmeppo whispered, with Coby looking over. "Not yet. We can't blow our cover yet." "But time is ticking...we don't know how much longer he has!" Helmeppo retorted worriedly.

Cody knew that the singer was up to something. They had already used their devil fruit powers and now everyone was at jepordy.

What Cody couldn't figure out was what he was trying to do. Luffy had no apparent reason to have done it, and yet his plan was working just as intended. Everyone was trapped.

-------------------------------------------

"Alright! Is anybody hungry?" Luffy shouted, "I've got other things as well!" Uta smiled to herself, remembering how Luffy could eat seeming endlessly, and how he had just added the presents he was creating as an after thought.

Food and gifts rained down from the sky, with the crowd cheering and thanking the singer for the stuff. Uta and her crew received food and drinks, with Chopper screaming about the amount of cotton candy falling from the sky.

Luffy flew over on a music note, and Uta went up to him, but before she could speak a word, he said, "Hey Uta, remember those challenges we did as kids?"

Uta grinned and teased, "I do! And I'm still on my 183-0 winstreak!" Her friend retorted, "What do you mean? I'm the one with a 183-0 winstreak!" She provoked him more, smirking, "Then why don't you prove it!"

He nodded and created a little platform in the sky, which he carried them both to. It had 2 plates with food on it. She smiled. She had never lost this game before.

"And now there's only one part left!" she snickered, as he made the animal that would run towards the loser, which happened to be a bull.

She noticed a glass of juice next to her ad immediately realized what Luffy was trying to do. He had not forgotten her little trick and tried to trick her instead. As they both ate the food, she offered the glass to him and to her surprise he accepted.

"He really fell for it again" Uta sighed to herself as she jumped off the platform. The bull rammed into Luffy and he was sent flying, but was caught by his own little music notes.

He came back and said angrily, "That's cheating Uta!" She looked dumbfounded at him and responded, "Well, you're the one who out the glass there." The boy got flustered and quickly changed the subject.

"So Uta, what have you been doing?" he asked. "Well, I've become a pirate, of course! I'm going to be the Queen of the Pirates!" Luffy stopped suddenly, his demeanor changing completely.
"Oh, yeah, of course..." Utas crew had also noticed the change and were looking at him.

He said suddenly, "Why don't you just stay here instead?" Uta laughed at his joke, but  realized by the way he was looking at her that what he said wasn't a joke. "What do you mean stay here? I can't find the One Piece if I stay!"

"I know." Uta stared at him uneasily. "Alright then Luffy...I'm going to go back to the ship now." She was getting tired and preferred the quiet ocean to the loud concert. As she stepped into the boat she heard her friend shout, "Hey! I found more Pirates! What should we do with them?"

Uta looked back in horror, as her crew was put into the same music bars that had trapped the attackers. She was attacked by similar things, but was able to dodge.

He was going to make a song out of them too, she realized.

"My mem'ries so good and awful, it seems they gave me a grudge
But I have left bitterness and resentment behind me
And it is all thanks to him

Look, it's the clowns who think they know
How crushing loneliness can be
You know nothing 'til you come with me

And run wild! Release your rage
Let the winds of wrath blow them away
Not gonna live in compliance-iance-iance
I'm not playin' the victim, no more
Time to go rage, let's punish them all
For their love, I'm done trying to trust
Not gonna live in compliance-iance-iance
Gonna play with fire, backlit
By the flames

Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na"

As Uta was trying to dodge the music mean to capture her, she landed on stage. Luffy looked down at her and she suddenly felt weak.

Sea water. She was being splashed with sea water. She fell down and as the crowd grew closer and tried to restrain her. A figure appeared beside her. "Bartolomeo?" she asked and he exclaimed, "Are you alright, Miss Uta?"

Uta nodded, but she knew that they weren't safe. In an instant, they were teleported to a different part of the island. "What just happened? That wasn't you, right Bartolomeo?" As she looked around she saw a figure emerge form the shadows.

"Law?!" Uta exclaimed in surprise. "I didn't know you were a fan of Luffy!" Barto questioned beside her.

"I'm not, I'm a chaperone." Law said flatly and Bepo, the Mink and navigator of the captain emerged as well. "Sorry" the bear mink apologized.

"I found them!" a sing song voice shouted, startling Uta. Oh no. Luffy stood on his music note and a crowd of people followed him. They were carrying a weird contraption that had horns pertruding from the main part and that was blasting a random assortment of notes.

Luffy tried capturing Uta and her accomplices again, but Law shouted "Room!" and the four were taken to a quiet part of the islands forest. "We should be safe here for now." Law explained, with Uta nodding. "Where did you take us Trafalgar?" Barto inquired.

"The ruins of Elegias Kingdom." Law replied. "What happened here?" Uta murmured to nobody in particular.

"A terrible disaster." An unknown voice replied. "WE'VE ALREADY BEEN FOUND?!?" Bartolomeo shrieked in shock. An old man emerged from he shadows and said, "No, I've not come to ruin your hiding spot. I am Gordon, and I would like to tell you all about Luffy."

Songs Used: Backlight by Ado