Chapter 5-Luffys Decision

It was raining. Luffy looked up at the grey sky and then looked at his basket full of the Wake Shrooms. The doubt he was having flickered in his mind again, and he tried shaking it out of his mind again.

His mind kept repeating over and over again. 'Are you sure about this,' and he was starting to wonder if he was.

His red jacket was getting damp, and the blue arm sleeve that he wore was sticking to his arm. The Wake Shrooms had water droplets accumulating on them.

He picked up another one and bit into it, keeping him from sleeping.

He couldn't go back though. He had already eaten too many for him to live. Their poison had already entered his body, and he would die soon enough.

In his song world, Luffy returned to the stage, shouting, "Everyone, let's forget about those pirates, and wait for our new era to start!" The crowd erupted into cheers.

"You! I'll pay 1 billion berries for you to sing personally for me." A slimy voice commanded.

"Eh?"

Luffy looked over and saw a...man, who wore a white robe with sea green trim and weird buttons. There was some sort of fishbowl on the man's head.

The crowd started whispering and bowing.

"What's a Celestial Dragon doing here?"

"Don't do anything."

"Is it safe anymore?"

Luffy laughed, "So you're a Celestial Dragon, like the ones that everyone hates!" He didn't want the Celestial Dragon anywhere near his concert, or his new world.
"W-what?! Execute him immediately!" the Celestial shouted. His guards shot as Luffy deflected the shots and Marines stuck in his world surrounded him.

Another set of gun shots rang out and Luffys eyes widened.

The Celestial Dragon had shot his subordinates. "If you can't do you're job you're useless." Anger bubbled up in Luffy, as the Marines did nothing. He ran over and healed the 2.

"I thought Marines were supposed to protect people!" Luffy growled, his eyes shadowed.

"Kill that insolent fool!" shouted the Celestial Dragon. Luffy strung them up on the music bars. "Oh well, no need to worry about them now." He said to himself.

"Luffy, thats dangerous!"

"Why did you do that?"

"The world government wolill come after you!"

The crowd was starting to shout at him for what he did. He felt confused, he thought that the people would be happy. But they were yelling at him.

"Everyone, calm down! I'm here to help explain this!" a voice shouted behind Luffy. A pink haired boy stepped up and the crowd started whispering again.

"Captain Coby?"

"He can help us!"

"What's he doing here?"

Luffy looked at him and asked, "Oh is he famous?" "That's Captain Coby that save live during the Rocky Port incident." A man in the crowd shouted.

Everyone! You are in danger! This world isn't real! Luffy has trapped everyone in a dream world and plans to leave the real world behind with all of you." Coby revealed to the crowd. The crowd didn't react well to the information just told to them.

"What? Luffy lied to us?"

"This concert was all a ploy?"

"Does he even care!"

"We want to go home!"

"Let us go! Please!"

Luffy felt like his heart had been stabbed. "W-what? I don't want to hurt any of you! I though you wanted to live in a world with out hurt!" He spoke, unsure of what to do, and his doubts growing stronger.

"You didn't consider what we wanted!"

"You may be trying to help, but we just want to go home!"

"Please can we leave! I have things to do!"

The crowd was shouting at him, telling him to let them leave. It's was hurting him. He just wanted everyone to be happy. Now they were mad, and mad at him.

"Fine!"

His doubts had won. He wanted his fan to be happy, so if he was hurting them, he would stop.

"I'll-I'll let you all go. That's what you want."

Everyone had stopped an was looking at him. "Really? You changed your min that easily?" Luffy nodded and said, "It's it make you guys happy, then I'll stop." The crowd was less aggressive at this point, and Luffy gave a sad smile.

He was still going to die.

He didn't have the antidote.

In the real world, the rain was getting harder. Luffy opened his mouth to sing, but before he could a sword pushed against his throat. He looked up and saw Marines. All around him.

"Huh? What do you all want?" he grumbled, annoyed by their interruption.

"To apprehend you. You have caused the world to fall into ruin with your singing." Luffy commented, "Well, the crowd was unhappy with my plan, so I was about to let them go."

The marine raised an eye brow, and pushed the sword harder against the boys throat. Luffy felt a small trickle of blood run down his neck.

"You don't believe me, do you." Luffy questioned. The marine replied with a look that said, "Why would we believe you?"

"Oh well. Sorry everyone!"

Luffy shoved the sword away, his hands being cut from the force. He needed to sing to the public, but first he had to divert the Marines.

I'm sick and tired of being alone
Wanna be connected
Have a bond to hold on to
Just gonna lay it all out, how I feel

Listen baby makin' you happy whether you like it or not
Gonna be up in your ears
No running away just wait for the beat to drop
Listen for a surprise, every word will entice
Reality is overrated
You're not gonna outthink me I thought of everything
You'll never get it, you can't keep up
So just stay out of my way
Be my good, good, good boys and girls

The marines that were awake put on a headset, to keep them from getting sent to Luffys dream world.

You think you're so tough? Well, I had enough of it
I got something here that's better
Come on up and we can sing togеther fun unfetterеd
Get on stage, let's go

The sleeping crowd starting rising, not attacking, but giving the 19 year old singer a chance to escape.

Wanna make your day, do my thing loud and proud
No shame in what I create I got this down
Everything exactly how we want it, this is a utopia
Been a long time comin', now it's here to stay
You can't deny
It's a miracle of mercy, you can't stop it if you try
I know it's possible
I'm not tryin' to ask too much

Luffy tried to get away while the Marines were distracted. He would go and sing to everybody, before dying. He had promised the crowd he'd let them go.

Before he could get away from all the chaos, a sharp pain shot through his leg, stopping him dead in his tracks.
He fell over and saw that his leg had been shot.

Luffys eye widened. The Marines didn't want him to get away. And they were willing to kill him, and everyone in the song world if necessary.