chapter | 18

A/N: don't forget to vote !

Y/N's POV

"Morning," my dad greets me as I walk into the kitchen.

I grunt a hello back and plop down at the table. He shoots me a concerned look.

"You okay?" He flips the pancakes he's making.

"Yeah... just hungry," I reply, and he chuckles.

"Sorry, I'll hurry, m'lady," he teases, managing to coax a grin out of me.

"There's my girl!" He says, placing the plate in front of me. I dig in immediately, and he stands drinking his coffee, facing the backyard.

"Feels nice to have a clean backyard. Jimin is truly the guy," he remarks, and I nearly choke on my food.

"Jimin? What do you mean?" I look out to the backyard and it's completely cleaned up, my eyes widening.

"Yeah, he sent out a company to clean the backyard, apologizing for you two taking your time," he says, shooting me a look. "But at least now it's done! I can finally enjoy the outdoors."

"Wait, you talked to him?" I ask, confusion evident in my voice.

"Oh no, he sent me a handwritten letter... why? You're acting weird."

"Nothing..." I finish my food and head upstairs.

I get ready, and soon enough, I hear a honk coming from outside. I know Taehyung is here; he's come to pick me up every morning for the last two weeks.

"Morning," I say as I hop into his car. He greets back with a smile and drives us to school.

I don't know why he's been so kind to me. He says he's looking after me for Jimin, but what kind of BS is this? He was a complete asshole. Why do I feel like I can't fully trust him?

It has been two weeks, and Jimin hasn't shown up. No, I haven't made my life all about it. It is normal for me to worry. How is everyone so casual about it?

I walk into school to my locker as usual, but to my surprise, Amanda is there leaning against it with her arms crossed.

"Can I help you?" I ask, and she rolls her eyes.

"So now that Jimin isn't around, you pass onto the next with his best friend? How pathetic of you," she says, making her little crew behind her laugh.

"What's pathetic is you waiting for me here to tell BS about shit you don't know anything about. If I'm so pathetic, why are you so up my ass? I must not be so bad if you revolve your life around me," I retort, giving her a smile and pushing her off my locker.

She stands back, shocked by my words. I open my locker, getting my stuff, but suddenly, the locker door slams into my hand, crushing my fingers.

Immediately, I scream in pain, tears filling my eyes. I stomp on her feet hard, and she jumps back, letting go of the pressure she was putting on my crushed fingers.

I take a step forward, ready to rip her head off, but Taehyung grabs me from the back and stops me. I practically kill him as well, but he drags me away to the nurse's office. On the way, it's when I finally look down at my hand to see how messed up Amanda made it. I basically throw up at the sight.

I shake myself off Taehyung's grasp. "I'm fine, I can walk, jeez," I say, not waiting for him as I walk into the nurse's office.

"You lady have an issue with getting your hands hurt, don't you?" the nurse starts cleaning off the blood from the sharp edges of the door, slicing my skin open. It takes me back to my first day when I dug my own nails into my palms. I did come a long way since then, but today's behavior... I've never seen this side of myself. My face slowly heats up as I truly start to take in everything that just happened. I look towards Taehyung, who's leaning against the door frame.