chapter | 13

Y/N's POV

My eyes slowly open, attempting to adapt to the absurd brightness of the room. My eyes expand as I take it all in.

I'm in the hospital.

I try to sit up as my heartbeat quickens but when I do, I get dizzy. As the headache worsens, a beeping sound occurs, and I mentally cry. I close my eyes tightly and it soon stops. I open them to be faced by a middle-aged woman, whom I assume is the nurse based on her attire.

"How are you feeling, honey?"She flashes me a warm smile while holding a pad and a pen.

"I... my head is throbbing," I groan in pain, and she takes note of it.

"Can you remember what happened?" I nod in response to her question.

"Do you have any vision problems?"

"No," I say, shaking my head.

"OK, that's great," she says as she sets her pad down. She reaches into a drawer and fiddles with a few pill bottles before returning my way.

"Here, honey, take these," she adds as she hands me a glass of water. I do as she asks.

"All right, your family is outside waiting for you, do you want to see them?"

"Yes," I answer without hesitation, and she walks out. After a few, my dad walks in first with tears brimming his eyes, and he rushes to me.

"Y/N, didn't I tell you to be careful?" He takes my hand in his.

"That's on Jungkook," I remark as he walks in, a guilty expression on his face. He hurries around the other side of the bad, gets down on his knees giving me puppy eyes, and I roll my eyes.

"I'm sorry," he says, and I reach over and violently ruffles his hair.

"I forgive you, little one." I say, and he simply smiles.

Another man enters the room.

"Hello, my name is Doctor Kim."He greets us.

"So, Lee Y/N, I'm here to inform you about your condition," he says as he opens the folder he's holding.

"So, you've got a severe concussion and a large open wound on the back of your head." He states.

"You were fortunate to say the least," he says as he shuts the folder.

"What happens next?" My father asks.

"We're gonna keep her on watch for about a week" he says and my dad nods in understanding.

"So I'll leave you all for the time being, and don't worry, your daughter is in good hands; we expect her to recover quickly." He says this before bidding us goodbye and walking away.

"A week?!"I whine.

"I'll go home and get some of your things. Come on, Jungkook, I might need some help." My father says, and they both hug me goodbye before leaving. My eyes scan the room, already bored by their absence, and they come to a halt at the support walker in the corner.