Chapter 3- The Shadows Within

Laura's heart raced as the darkness seemed to writhe around her. She strained her eyes, trying to pierce the gloom, but it was as if the shadows themselves were alive, twisting and turning to conceal any hint of light.

Elijah's voice trembled beside her. "We need to get out of here. Now."

As they stumbled through the darkness, Laura's fingers brushed against something cold and metallic. She gasped, realizing she had found the door handle. With a surge of relief, she flung the door open, revealing a dimly lit hallway.

But their escape was short-lived. The shadows seemed to coalesce into a figure, its presence filling the corridor. Laura's skin crawled as the entity began to take shape, its eyes glowing with an otherworldly light.

"You shouldn't have come here," it hissed, its voice like a rusty gate.

Laura stood frozen, her mind racing with terror. Elijah, however, seemed to find a hidden reserve of courage. He stepped forward, his eyes locked on the entity.

"We won't back down," he declared, his voice steady. "We'll uncover the truth behind Blackwood House."

The entity sneered, its presence surging with malevolent energy. Laura knew they had to act fast – or risk becoming the house's latest victims.

***
Hello readers I really need your take on this story.
Vote and comments are welcomed