25. Truly a family dinner

Grey and Lilith know each other

Grey and Lilith know each other. Yes they do.

Why? Well, Grey is an assassin and Lilith loves to kill people.

Grey has worked for Lilith many times, execute people Lilith has paid him to do so. It was when Grey is in his training period and Lilith hired him as an intern, well, there is no internship for assassin job but let's just put it that way.

"The cleanest Grasso!" Lilith hugged Grey, surrounding her elegant hands around Grey's shoulder and Grey let her do so. "My dearest Grey!"

"Good evening, Miss Berenguer." Grey answered, holding his no-expression face but side of his lips showed a smallest curve possible.

"Oh my, look at you! You've grown into such a handsome man!" Lilith broke their hug and take a look at Grey's face with surprise. "You're taller as well."

"Thank you." Grey answered with a nod.

"I didn't know you're here too! How have you been, Grey?" Lilith Berenguer, who never ask someone's well being looks very much interested in Grey's. "How's assassin work doing to you?"

"Quiet well." Grey answered shortly again. Lilith reached her hand to his black tie and adjusted it as Grey stood still in front of her. His as tall as Light, one or two inch taller than me but he still looks like a boy. A boy who needs a beer in his glass and not a gun.

"I miss your baby face already." Lilith smiled, pinching Grey's cheek and we all glimpsed at each other with surprise. Lilith of the hell, the cruel princess and death of many is smiling while adoring Grey.

"Grey and Lilith knows each other?" Miss Diaz whispered closer to my ear when I bend down my head to match her height. Her hand wrapped around my bicep and I scoot closer to her.

"Yes," I said, "He worked for her as an assassin a few years ago." Miss Diaz's eyes widen with a shock and I smiled. "You could say Lilith taught him some good killing skills."

"You make it sound like some dance skills." Miss Diaz nod in disappointment. "It must be easy for you, isn't it? To take people's lives, to cut their throats and make them beg for life."

"For me and Lilith? Yes. It is easy for us." I wouldn't deny the fact. "Not for Grey. He is a good man. Unlike me." I don't want him to be me. Never. He needs to stay who he was and who he is. "I would give my soul to Satan if it means Grey could stay away from how I lived. Rather, I will destroy anything or kill anyone in order to protect my brothers."

I've failed to protect my sister, I can't fail to protect my brothers.

I need to fight, we need to fight in order to survive in the world my father built. We can't escape the fruits of the seed father sowed. We have to continue in order to breathe.

I need to-

"You're a good brother, Dark." Miss Diaz's blues stabled on my face and my heart clenched for a second. "I may not know you as a person but, I'm glad Light and Grey have you as their brother."