23. Because it's you

"How about you smile a little when you look at each other?" Light observed Dark and me while we sat on the couch, getting lessons from Light to act like an agreeable couple

"Does Dark Grasso know how to smile except if it's not on someone's death?" I taunted Dark for his forever stern, grumpy and granite face. He looks like a straight out of funeral ceremony.

"Give me a reason to smile and I will smile," Dark relaxed on the couch, man-spreading his long and worked-out legs. "Although, people who smile for no reason are known to be lunatics."

"Says the sociopath." I pressed my voice on sociopath, "You can't be the one calling people a lunatic." Dark gawked at me, clenching his fist on his knees when I simply sat beside him with crossed legs and confident posture.

As decided, we're practicing to be a couple, I mean to act like a couple. Since this man here has never been with a woman except to have a sex, he needs more learning than me. My experience with Elio was pretty good when I dated him years ago.

"You're a psychologist, Miss Diaz, you shouldn't make fun of the mental disorders." Dark held a smallest curve of sarcasm on his face and this time, I sighed. "Unless you only work for money and yourself."

"If I wanted to work for money, I would have seek rich-oldies with depression, insomnia and anxiety. Why would I risk my life behind a sociopath?" I stated.

It's true, treating old billionaires pays me well, I earn well from small cases like panic disorder, parasmonia disorder, bipolar disorder or even eating disorder. If I just wanted a money, I wouldn't have run for Sociopath who needs a psychiatric than a psychologist.

"I'm sure Light has paid you the fortune to be my psychologist." Dark glimpsed at Light and I-

"She did it for free." Light revealed when there was no need. I told Light to shut his mouth but, "I paid her zero euros."

"What?" Dark paused, his brows raised with surprise and fist loosened up slowly.

"It doesn't matter since I failed to treat you. I was supposed to change the way of your thinking but I failed. I failed at my job to do so." I affirmed. "So, paying me wasn't necessary."

"Are you serious, Miss Diaz?" Dark scoffed, he scoffed with offense as well as the hint of sarcasm. "Is this how you do a business? By denying money from a client?"

"Psychology is not a business." I-

"Everything is." Dark cut my sentence. "Even social charity is a business for politics. So, don't get me started with how huge the business industry of medical services is."

"I don't..."

"Don't sell your talent for free, Miss Diaz." Dark's eyes met mine. "The world does not value something it didn't pay for."

"You paid me, Dark." I swallowed, staring back into his eyes as my words came out as a whisper. "You paid me with your time and that was enough." As much as I hated Dark for treating with like a thing back then, I also thank him for giving me his time.