2. My old patient

A gun

A gun.

I found it.

I found a gun in Papa's drawer. I snuck into his room after he went to fuck one of his prostitutes to release the frustration I just gave him.

.

Tonight,

I'm running away from this hell.

I'm running away from this cruel monster.

I'm running away from this glorious sadist.

And I will never look back.

I won't face this ever again.

I've lived in this hell for twenty-six years.

Not anymore.

I won't live here, not when my only friend, my family is dead. I'd rather live in a dungeon full of darkness and silence than live with Papa.

.

I've tried running away more than fifty-six times and failed.

I've attempted suicide attempts more than twelve times and failed.

I've tried to kill my father more than five times and failed.

.

But not tonight.

I won't fail tonight.

Because now, I have a reason to succeed.

A reason why Papa took away the only gift of my Mama. He took away my Emanuel. He took away the only reason I was staying in this hell.

He already had taken away my dreams, my smile, and my will to live but tonight,

He took away even the tiniest bit of patience left inside me.

Now,

I won't kill myself. I won't end my life and ruin every dream I ever watched as a kid. I won't give up on myself just because I can't face Valentino Diaz.

I will ruin his life.

.

I escaped my room and came to the balcony when the night was at its peak. The heavy sack on my back was filled with clothes, money, and water. I hid the gun in my sock under the shoes and covered my face with the scarf. I have banded up the wound Papa gave me with the wine glass but it still aches.

The whole villa is guarded by Papa's men since Mafia needs more protection than a fucking celebrity. Even your own shadow is an enemy when you're a Mafia. You cannot trust anyone. Not even on yourself.

.

Papa's cocaine container is leaving the port tonight. The only way I could cross the border without getting caught was to climb up that container. No one dares to check those containers since Mafia has bought every security and government department in the country. There is no law applicable to these Mafias and their illegal activities and transportation.