Welcome!

DEDICATION:

DEDICATION:

This story is dedicated to all the fellow Gibbs fans, who love and admire him and are absolutely obsessed with him and miss him like I do.  For all my fellow girlies with father wounds and are obsessed with silver foxed, middle aged, introverted grumpy, stoic, badass alpha male characters. Who love reading about the love and bond between Dad- Daughter duos. This story is for you all.

We all deserved a dad like Gibbs!

INSIGHT INTO THE STORY:

*Yeah, so this was an idea that I had like a year ago that just wouldn't go away. Gibbs's backstory always broke my heart. For a man like Gibbs, the way he loves, the kind of father figure he was for his team, I think robbing him of Kelly was such a tragedy.  Gibbs would have made an amazing father. We were robbed of such a beautiful arc for him. So I wanted to write it. Give him a daughter. See what happens when he is tossed into fatherhood again after all this time.

*In life before his eyes when Shannon mentions how many lives and how many cases Gibbs has solved and influenced, Gibbs replied saying 'None of that mattered'. Gosh that broke my heart. Gibbs only wanted one thing in his whole life. A family and to be a good man. Even in the end he was left all alone and I can't just accept. So this is me writing a happily ever after for my favourite comfort character. And that's how this story was born.

*Now before going in you have to know that I have made a few creative changes for the sake of the plot. For one in this story Gibbs and Jack met years before they did in NCIS. An Army-marine training camp when Gibbs was stationed in Lejeune, before he attended sniper school and before he married Shannon.  I'll reveal their flashbacks as the story progresses.

                          CHARACTERS :

* This story takes place around the time of season 6 to season 10. Basically I love the original team with Ziva, Tim, Tony and Abby . No matter how many different teams there is they will forever be the og team and I wanted to write about them. This story also veers from the actual season 6 storyline but other than that the relationships and everything else stays canon. There will be plenty Tiva and Mcabby. And also Slibbs.

*Besides the main team, there is one other character in this story

*Besides the main team, there is one other character in this story. Gibbs and Jack's daughter, Olivia. She is my original character. Here's a small glimpse at Gibbs's daughter in this story.

*OLIVIA ANN SLOANE:

* She is 24 years old

* She is 24 years old. She was born and brought up in Hawaii. She has a Masters degree in both Criminology and Criminal justice. She is an introvert who likes and prefers outdoors, hiking, surfing, reading, an avid animal lover and is soft spoken, kind, polite, patient but also stands up for herself and others, stubborn when she wants to be, short tempered and has a very formidable temper just like one blue eyed marine sniper turned special agent.

 She is an introvert who likes and prefers outdoors, hiking, surfing, reading, an avid animal lover and is soft spoken, kind, polite, patient but also stands up for herself and others, stubborn when she wants to be, short tempered and has a very f...

* You'll get to know more about her as the story progresses. And I would love to hear your thoughts about her...

* Olivia's character is the first original character of mine and it was something I took a lot of time creating. I wanted to create a character who was an embodiment of all the best qualities of both Gibbs and Jack combined. And I hope I did justice to her. I really did have a lot of fun writing her. She has a lot of myself in her. So I really hope you all love her...

TROPES:

* Found family
* Father-Daughter relationship
* Friendships
* Crime-Murder-Mystery
* Healing
* Second Chance

TRIGGER WARNING:

* This story has a death of main character off-page but mentioned many times. It also has mentions of parental death, Grief, Loss and Trauma. Also mentions of torture, kidnapping and some mild use of profanity.
This story has a happily ever after but not before putting the characters through the ringer, so readers discretion is adviced.

HANDLES:

*Besides writing fanfics I also moonlight as an amateur editor. You can find me and my edits on NCIS and also other fandoms on Instagram at the handle Fictional_Craze.

* You can also find me on Ao3, Fanfiction.Net and YouTube at the handle Fictional_Craze.

DISCLAIMER:

* Obviously I don't own any of the characters except Olivia, (Gibbs's daughter) in this story who is my original character. But all other characters belong to NCIS.

*This story is a work of fiction and based on my imagination. Sometimes my sub-concious might end up giving me ideas from works I read eons ago but I really try to avoid that as much as I can. So any resemblances to other works is purely accidental.

* English is not my first language and I am actively trying to improve my writing, so please ignore any grammatical errors and other mistakes you might find.

* All your comments and thoughts are really welcome. This is my first multi chapter Fic in my new and improved writing and so I would really love to hear your thoughts about the story. Please vote and comment. It would really mean a lot to me.

* And finally Thank you to everyone in advance for reading and I hope you all love and enjoy this story and find it worthy of your time. 

And with that let's get into it....