74 - Sixty Minutes

You feel your heart halt at that, confusion and panic surging through your body once your brain processes each of daehyun's words.

Jungkook's hands were beginning to shake as he rubs his face, his breaths heavy and shallow, "daehyun, take cover immediately" he instructs in a stern tone.

There's a long pause on the other side of the line before daehyun speaks again, "But what about-"

"I'll bring hyung back" the raven haired mumbles, "you don't need to worry about that, I'll bring him back no matter what"

Despite the confidence in his voice, you could see worry written all over jungkook's face, lacking the usual liveliness and reliance in himself.

Jihun was like his own parent, guiding him through all the hurdles of life and telling him stories about how he used to work with mister choi and mister jeon and how humble they were regardless of their increase in ranks.

So no way in hell was he going to let boss kang put his claws on him, after taking both his mom and his dad's life, kang was now aiming for the only other guardian jungkook had because he knew he couldn't directly get to the 21 year old unless he wanted to get killed on the spot.

This was how he always played his dirty games, targeting the weak ones knowing very well how good he was when it came to manipulation and blackmail-ing.

"Daehyun, there's no need to panic okay? Just go home and take some rest, boss kang already took jihun hyung so he won't come back anytime soon. I'll be there by tomorrow, with our tattoo artist" jungkook says and turns his head towards the blinking digital clock on the table.

"But what about the car? How will you go without a car?" The younger male questions.

"I'll call jimin hyung, he will be here in no time"

You could hear the nervousness in daehyun's tone as he hums before muttering a tiny "take care" under his breath. Soon after which, Jungkook abruptly hangs up and sighs.

You don't say anything but instead place your hand over his free one which was burning with heat.

Jungkook's fever was slowly getting higher, beads of sweat trickling down his jaw as you wipe them away with a towel.

He looks at you for a split second before fixing his gaze back to his phone where he dials jimin's number once again.

There's an uncomfortable silence floating in the air and you're not fond of it one bit but what else could you even talk about in this scenario?

You patiently wait, listening to the ringing of the call which is soon disrupted by a harsh "I heard it" from jimin's side.

"I don't know what to do" jungkook huffs out in exasperation, fumbling with his shirt while you get down from the mattress to search for some paracetamol or anything that could help his state at this hour.

"It's not your fault kook" jimin sighs deeply, "what do you want me to do now? Pick you up? I already gave taehyung and hyerin the melatonin pills so they won't be getting up till morning"

"I can't let jihun hyung stay there for long. I need to take quick action" jungkook coughs, his voice nasally once he tries to think of what he could possibly do in this case.

He thought he would reach endo residency before dusk but the sudden attack was too much for him alone to handle and all the agents had already left to get there while bangtan was along the borders, making sure kang and his minions wouldn't get a chance to escape.

"I can go to kang's mansion for you if you want, but I'm not sure how long I'll survive without getting killed. I mean...the reason I didn't go with jin hyung today was because my wound opened up again so..."