|Agosti|

AGOSTI

I was smiling... like a lovestruck fucking idiot.

I straightened in my seat, the pen I was twirling while I thought about her exact reaction to what I had done thrown to the side.

What was this game I had decided to play?

The plane ticket to her best friend and the roses with the stupid little note I had made sure to write myself

What was my play?

There was nothing except that I could not stop thinking about her. I was like a junkie going through my withdrawal phase and feeling I could die if I did not have that one drug... just one taste.

She was like a drug that I was stupidly not immune to.

I had fucked a lot of girls and most of them her age but never had I been stuck up on one for the whole of a day not to talk of days.

Rachael, I thought... no, she is Isabella... and she is your son's property, I reminded myself.

"They are here and waiting" Santiago, my butler announced.

I cleared my throat

"Thank you, Tiago" I told him.

He nodded briskly and closed the door behind himself.

He could only mean the people I worked with had arrived since I had called for a meeting after the attack yesterday.

They had to know what was going on and they had to understand that it would be like a walk in the pack for me to handle the situation.

I rose to my feet, my thoughts about Isabella shelfed until later.

The room was extremely silent as I walked in and I briefly remembered how hard it had been to get the trust of the people seated at the table right now. It had taken years and years of hardwork and dedication before I was noticed by the Ceilo Noctrune Mafia.

The biggest mafia family in Spain and one whose head was a ruthless woman named Catalina Garcia but known by most people as "la bruja de la sangre", the blood witch.

It was said that she was an only child to her father and instead of marrying to keep the family's business had decided to take it on herself, surpassing her father with in both wealth and name. Some tale also mentioned that she had murdered the man in his sleep after overhearing his decision to give his title to someone else... a man because he considered her too ruthless.