|Agosti|

AGOSTI

I led her away from the courtyard and straight to the kitchen for water or maybe something stronger since she was still shaking.

I was livid... the blood pounding in my veins at what had almost happened...she had almost fucking died.

"Sit" I ordered.

She slid into the chair while I reached for a bottle of water which I passed to her while tapping my fingers rhythmically on her back.

I waited until she was done and her shaking had subsided to an extent before I spoke.

"What the fuck was that?" I snapped

She blinked, jolting at the harsh slap of my words but I was too far gone in my rage to stop.

"I am sorry, I just wanted to..."

"You wanted to get yourself fucking killed on my premises? What happened to the command I gave about you staying in that room till it was all over?"

She said nothing, merely kept her eyes on me but I could see the beginning of tears in them.

"You could have been killed or worse kidnapped and fucking tortured and all because you want to disobey orders?"

I was holding her arm now, tightly and I watched her wince as my fingers dug into it.

"You are going to learn to stay put, Rachael or I swear to God..." I barked.

She flinched again

I released her arm, flexing my fingers.

We remained staring at each other while I breathed, willing myself to remain calm. I could see from the look in her eyes that she was scared... of me.

I laughed then, the bitterness escaping me.

She wasn't suited for this life, she wasn't suited for me and it was all for the best that she was marrying my son. He was kind and would treat her way better... he would not berate her when she came merely seconds from dying.

"Excuse me" I muttered in clipped tones, turning away.

I felt her hands on my arm then, stopping me in my stride.