Chapter IV | Pastries

A few days later

Stepping out of the apartment Jimin walked on the busy footway. The mist present in the morning air and snow was covering the trees. He rubs his palms against each other to produce heat and later puts them in his pocket.

It snowed heavily last night.

His nose was still slightly red. He walks down the street, passing by many shops which were opening. Some emitted the smell of sweet bread and some had a spicy aroma of fresh ramen.

Beerhouse.

He halts his steps and takes a glimpse of the large garden in front of him which was also covered in the white dust. While breathing out, he exhales smoke and watches it slowly mix with the surroundings.

He enters in the warm bar. Hanging his coat on the coat rack he sits on the brown leather chair of the bar counter. Intertwining his hands, he leans on the black marble counter, "One beer, please." He utters to the barkeeper. Giving a nod the barkeeper walks away.

Jimin takes out his phone and scrolls through social media. The bar was almost empty, only a few bachelors could be seen in formals who were minding their own business.

"Thanks, pal." The barkeeper smiles and hands him the mug full of beer. Taking a sip of the liquid, Jimin recives a call. "Hey mom," he slowly greets the person on the other side.

"Yes, I'm good." He replies with a smile. "Yeah I got it. I'll take care of myself." He reassures gulping the beverage. After ending the call, he closes his eyes for few minutes. Take me back to my home.

He sighs, he has been missing his hometown from past few weeks. He was never a city boy, he felt lonely around these tall buildings of city. After finishing his drink, he pays and exits the bar.

His eyes fall over a little boy who was squatting near the road. He was about to ignore the little man but he stops on his track when he saw a vehicle coming in the direction of the kid from the other side.

His eyebrows crashed together, he quickly runs towards the boy. He grips the little guy's wrist and pulls him towards the footway. He boy gasps and looks at Jimin, "Are you hurt, kid?" Jimin asks with a worried gaze.

The confused kid shakes his head resulting Jimin to sigh. "Don't stand near the road, hmm?" He sings pointing his index finger at the kid. It was his part of profession to talk sweetly to the kids and make them feel safe around him.

"Where are your parents, little bean?" He asks looking around. The kid point his finger at a lady standing far away from them. Her back was facing them, when Jimin walks near her with the boy.

"Excuse me?" He calls.

The worried lady turns around. "Sam!" She quickly takes the kid in her embrace, "Where were you, huh?" Her voice cracks while scolding her son, "I was looking for you everywhere." She again pulls him in embrace.

"Thank you very much, Mr." She bows to Jimin mant times in gratitude. "Oh, no no! It's completely alright." Jimin chuckled and bends down to touch the boy's soft cheeks with his finger, "Just keep an eye on him next time, Miss."

°+•°—————°•+°

Your feels were numb now. You have been sitting in the dining area of for two hours. Shifting your legs on one another, you managed to keep a normal face although you wanted to get up from the chair.

You are at your parent's. Your father was sitting at the very end with few of his investors around him. Your mother was just sitting across you, and eating her dinner in silence. The room was noiseless.