18

╔══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╗Warnings: mild cursing, violent scenes/description

╔══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╗
Warnings: mild cursing, violent scenes/description.
YOU ARE WARNED!
╚══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╝

Caleb Chartier

A knock on my door. I looked back but decided it was just my imagination.

"What was that?" Kane asked.

"You heard that too?"

"Yeah?"

"How long have we been calling?" I asked.

"Probably around.. 3 hours? Damn we've been calling for a long time."

I gasped and shot up. My siblings had probably already gotten the files. "I'll call you back later!" I said before hanging up. I could worry about Kane later and focus on the file.

I opened my door to reveal all my siblings, staring down at me. Their faces were neutral so I couldn't tell if something went wrong or right. They never showed a him of emotion expect for anger and regret. It was all they were ever taught— all we were ever taught.

The silence etched on as they didn't say anything. I furrowed my brows. "So.. what is it?" I asked.

Quinton was the one to speak up. "Firstly, we got the files and printed it out for you. Secondly, we came to warn you what's in there.. it's pretty.. disturbing. We all thought it's best for you to tell us why you need these. If you don't, we could be in serious trouble. These files were confidential, Caleb. Not school confidential but full on government. It was really hard to get." His tone was serious and strained, almost as if he just saw the most terrifying thing. "You really need to tell us what you're planning to do with these."

I bit my bottom lip, a nasty metal taste filling my mouth. Why did everyone suddenly seem so tense and afraid? What was in there and why were they so adamant on knowing? I didn't know what to say. My words were lost. I couldn't tell them the truth nor did I want to. They would only view me as weak and I had enough of that.

I took a deep breath.

"What does it matter? What did you guys see?" I asked, trying hard to keep my voice from shaking. It was futile, my tone still came out as persistent and scared. I didn't like their faces or the way they were carrying themselves. What was wrong?

"Well.. I.." Quinton hesitated. He never hesitated. "It's best if you see it for yourself." He pushed the files toward me and I took them in my hands. The file felt heavy though it was light. Almost like an invisible force warning me to not open it. Warning me to not ruin everything.

I did it anyway.

Gruesome pictures. That was all I saw.

Blood was spattered on the bathroom. I recognized it as the DaVinci school bathroom. The walls had always been extra and the bathroom looked fancy. It was all tainted red.

So much fucking red.

In some of the pictures rested a body. I could tell he was around 14 or 16. His uniform had stab holes and blood seeped out of his wounds. His eyes were wide open but clearly dead. All color was drained from the boy and his limbs were tangled up in a complete mess. I felt like vomiting. It was partly because of seeing a real dead body for the first time and partly because I knew this boy. He was one of the kids of a family my father was affiliated with. I heard their business went down after their son went missing.

But in these photos, he was dead. He never went missing he was killed.

A paper rested in the back of the pictures. In big, bold letters were the words 'Confidential: Authorized Access to Kitchren family.' Below it were dates and a descriptive list of injuries. Even more below it was about the incident.

______ had a sudden outburst and attacked a fellow classmate, Ronald Gondaz. ______ carried a knife in his left jeans pocket and a pencil in his other. Autopsies show that ______ used the knife to brutally stab the student in the right leg and stomach 12 times. The victim was left in agony one stab after the other. _______ used the pencil to stab the student in the eye and neck. Ronald was paralyzed and died shortly after. Minutes before the police arrived, ______ had threatened another classmate who arrived at the scene. Cameras show recordings of _______ saying, "I'll kill you to. I'll kill you if you take me away from him." ______ has been expelled from the school and transferred to a public one: Vale's High School. He's received an anklet for monitoring and a therapist. The Kitchren family requested to keep this "under wraps." Soon after the incident, Psychiatrists have asked ______ questions. To which his response was:

1. Did you feel remorse?
No.

2. Why did you do it?
"I wanted to."

3. Have you had violent thoughts before?
Yes.

4. How often do you think them.
"I only think about them when I think about him."

5. Who is he?
"Fuck off."

6. Why did you choose Ronald Gondaz to kill?
"Why not?"

The rest of the page was filled with even more pictures. I cringed at the sight of them. It was so bad and disgusting. I looked up at Quinton as my hands started to shake.

"I..what is this?" I asked, trying to stop the tears from falling. I could feel them brimming at the ends of my ears and burning me. Control yourself. I thought. It's okay. You're fine. But I didn't care if I was fine. Ronald was dead and it was probably because of me.

I took a step back and my siblings worryingly glanced at me. I stumbled back but Alex caught me. His eyes expressed worry. I didn't even know that he could be worried.

"Caleb be careful. Are you okay?" he asked softly. Too soft. I didn't like it. Alex was supposed to insult me.

I didn't notice I dropped the file on the ground until I looked down.

Out of all the papers, there was another one resting at the bottom.

Stapled to all the photos was a boy who held a knife, standing next to the dead body. Bright eyes and a pair of bloodied glasses rested on his face. His smile was one of a kind. It was bright, but it was dead. I froze.

No way.

That was him.

"No fucking way."

╔══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╗

Ooo... I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! I'm so excited to see what Caleb will do and write about it. Anyway.. the next chapter will be out this weekend so don't miss it!

QUESTION: Who do you think Glint is?
Me: Seriously?! I'm the author so ofc I know who it is already!

Words: 1122