12

╔══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╗Warnings: mild cursing, slurs

╔══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╗
Warnings: mild cursing, slurs.
╚══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╝

Caleb Chartier

I plopped down on my bed after a long week. It was finally the weekend and luckily for Vales High School students, we had a three day weekend. It was Memorial Day.. no Native American.. fun Friday? I had no idea, I just knew that I was fine staying home longer than usual.

I looked around my room, which became a habit now. Ever since Glint had mentioned he had cameras everywhere, I became paranoid.

Just as I thought I was fine, I spotted a note lying on my desk.

Tiredly, I pushed myself off my bed and walked towards my desk.

I'm sorry Caleb.
Whatever I did to make you mad,
I'm really sorry.

To: Caleb
Love: Glint

I crumpled up the note and threw it away. I can't believe I thought Glint was part of the 1% that truly cared about me. I was too blind to see he was just a nasty, perverted stalker.

I pulled the box from under my bed. It was filled with notes from Glint. Two full years of useless notes. I pulled out the other box that was filled with tiny gifts and presents. Keychains, charms, AirPods, earrings that I never wore (I didn't have my earrings pierced), entertainment, jewelry, hundreds of dollars and more. I dumped them all in a trash bag. Every single one. Glint was watching? Let the stupid guy watch.

After I was done, I wrapped the trash bag up and slung it over my shoulder. It weighed tons and surprised me. How much so called gifts did he give me?!

I struggled to even open my door and head downstairs. My siblings were probably there but I couldn't care any less. I wanted all of these nasty notes and nasty gifts out of my room ASAP.

As I walked down the stairs I considered the possibilities. How was I supposed to get rid of Glint? Ask him to go away? As if he would really do that. And now do I find his cameras? Should I tell someone? It's not like my family will help me and my friends will just view me as weird or delusional.

I carefully walked down the stairs and had a maid give me a weird look. And shortly after that, one of the cleaners passed by and said, "haven't seen you in a while."

I got several other comments from my family's maids, butlers, tutors and cleaners. Apparently, one of my siblings was getting their room renovated. This house was way too big to know all the news. How did my father keep track of everyone?

"Oh if it isn't the disappointment." A voice said. I could practically hear the snarky grin.

"Alex." I said turning around. "Harry. What do you two want this time?" I asked, trying to keep my voice from shaking.

"Nothing." Harry said, shrugging. I examined him. He looked older since I last talked to him which was probably a couple of years ago. Him and Alex had gotten father's look: sharp, calculating, calm and cool. Alex had brown hair and hazel eyes while Harry had blonde hair and blue eyes. Nonetheless, you could tell they were siblings. The both of them were two years apart but were in the same grade since Harry had gotten to skip some.

"What's up with the trash? Are you finally getting out of this house?" Alex asked, a crazy smile placed on his face. His eyes were wide and questioning. Disgusting.

"Cmon Alex don't be so rough, it's the first time we've actually talk to him in years." Harry said. He paused for a second and looked over at me. "Or do you identify as something else, faggot?"

I flinched at the slur. My mouth suddenly tasted sour as my stomach churned.

"Leave me alone." I said through gritted teeth.

Alex got closer to me as well as Harry. They towered over me, looking down with scowls. "I don't know how you can even like boys. We should've seen it coming." Alex mused, smirking down at me. "When we were younger, you were the smartest out of all of us. You fell, Caleb and now you're just a little pussy."

His words had some truth to it. When we were younger— at the very start of middle school— I had been the smartest one. But it fell down as soon as I came out and as soon as I let my guard down. It was my fault. I completely cut off my family and let myself fall behind. It was stupid. I was stupid.

"Can't believe we got a bitch in the family." Harry added on.

Alex chuckled. "If you can even count him as family." But behind the rough tone was regret and sadness. I ignored it. It no longer mattered. "He hardly ever comes down and even gave up his spot."

My spot. We all had different "spots" in the family. Unofficial seating arrangements, days for whoever cooks and even whoever gets to pick the movie for Fridays. The "spot" could also be considered the competition for dads company. I used to be apart of it all until I wasn't.

By normal standards, my family was a "family family." Always together, always knowing. But to me, they were cold and so very distant.

"Just leave me alone." I said, walking past them. A quick glance back, I could see Alex biting his lips with clenched fists. Harry gave him a worried look.

I don't care it's not my problem. But I did care. I was too much of an idiot to show that I did before.

Back then, I was what I viewed them like now. Cold, distant, arrogant. Atleast they probably viewed me as that. Growing up I hardly talked to them and still don't.

I've always been lost in my own world. It's almost funny how people can still like me.

╔══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╗

A bit of Caleb's family.. It seems a bit rough on the sides.

Next chapters will revolve around Caleb, Kane and Sam!!

QUESTION: What is one WORD to describe Alex (Caleb's brother)?
Me: Asshole.

Words: 1027