63 - a cry

WHERE does that leave us? Muse wondered, clutching Adrien's back.

       It was hard to think of an answer, though, with the feeling of her smooth back muscles against Muse's front. Whatever twist of fate had led to them being locked inside a sauna, and forced to take off almost all of their clothes, leading to them being alone and just shy of naked on an island together, was an absolutely sick and diabolical one. 

      Muse found it increasingly difficult to concentrate. With each step, Adrien's hard muscles bunched against her bare stomach and breasts. She didn't realize how hard she had tightened her arms around Adrien until she said, "Muse, my darling, please relax or you're going to end up choking me out."

      That thought didn't help, either. Visions of Adrien gasping, mouth open in a moan―

      "Here," Adrien said, setting her down at last. She had carried Muse down two flights of stairs, and they had finally reached the resort's gift shop. Small bits of glass sparkled by the doorway, but it seemed she had found a clearing where the broken windows and shattered walls hadn't touched.

      Muse grimaced as she stood on the floor. The wreckage looked even worse on the main floor. The gift shop had been torn apart. T-shirts and keychains and baseball caps labelled Hawaii Forever! had been tossed off the shelves. Water damage and rot seeped into the threads of the souvenirs. 

     Adrien threw Muse a pair of pink, fluffy slippers from behind the cashier counter. They had escaped the tsunami mostly unscathed, save for the grime matting the tips of the fur. 

     "These were in storage, I think. Looks like we got lucky."

     "You want me to wear . . . these?"

     "The bottoms are pretty thick. You should be safe from the glass that way." Adrien held up a pair of black, fluffy slippers and grinned wryly. "Looks like we'll be matching."

     Muse couldn't help the small smile that twisted her lips. She tilted her head. "What about clothes?"

     She couldn't help but look down at herself. She hadn't known when she'd picked out her favourite pink lingerie set this morning that she'd be parading around the remains of The Empress in it. 

      But at least if she were wearing nothing but lingerie on an abandoned island, it was with Adrien.

     "Here." Adrien tossed her an oversized, pale pink shirt labelled I LOVE HAWAII. "Pink. This was in storage, too, I think. The water didn't hurt the stuff behind the counter too badly . . ."

     "Are you picking things that are the colour pink because you think I'm a girly girl or . . ."

     "What? No, I just wanted you to match your . . ."

     "My what?"

     "Your, um . . ." 

      If Muse wasn't mistaken, Adrien was blushing. 

      "Oh, come on," Muse teased. "You can say it. I never thought you were shy."

      "Your, um, set."

     "My set, huh? Hey, did you just look at my tits?"

     The blush slowly deepened on Adrien's cheeks. "No, I was just―"

     Muse grinned, even though she had spent the past five minutes discreetly checking out Adrien while she'd been picking out things for them to wear.