Chapter 13:You can't be caught with no evidence

Começar do início

Venti:But things are different for Lumine. You are the superstar of the Knights of Favonius. You have made contributions to Monsdat. Same with Kumagawa here. Should either you get caught, you would easily be able to talk your way out of it.

Kumagawa:[I'd be more inclined to a prison break, I always wanted to do that. But if we're brainstorming right, it'd be a good idea to try it at night. From what I heard from the knights around, they don't work at night.]

Paimon:You talked with the guards?

Kumagawa:[No, I just idly eaversdroped.]

Paimon:How is that idle...

Venti:If we manage to seize this opportunity, it should be smooth sailing from here.

Paimon:Stop mentioning us getting caught!

Venti:Lumine...What do you say?

Lumine:I'm sorry...Wait...Did you just say...you're Barbatos?

Venti:Ah, yes. Seems I did mention that...Your point being?

Lumine:If you really are a god, then we can't simply abandon you.

Venti:Why does your decision hinge upon whether or not I am a god?

Because that would mean Kumagawa was right, which means he was the one they were looking for. And in that case, Lumine has some questions to ask him.

Paimon:Paimon'll fill you in on Lumine's background story when we get the time...

Lumine:And if you're not a god, then I'll help Dvalin anyway.

Venti:Huh?

Lumine:I will bring you the Holy Lyre der Himmel...I don't want to see another separation.

Lumine still remembers it clearly. Hoe she and her brother were entrapped by those cubes, apart for once in all their years of trouble, and dropped in an unkown world as Kumagawa was left to fight the Unkown God.

Upon night fall the three went inside the Cathedral to accomplish their goal. Walking behind the notice of the few people who were still around wasn't too difficult.

They were finally inside the room hosting the Holy Lyre Del Himmel. Kumagawa, having felt electricity in the air, grabbed the shoulders of both Lumine and Paimon.

Kumagawa:[Wait.]

An oversized screw appeared in Kumagawa's hand, after which he threw it to his right. The screw stabbed into the right side of the torso of a girl rushing towards the Lyre, knocking her off balance.

The girl wore a purple mask taht was going well with her all purple costume. She was one of the Fatui's top type soldiers, an Electro Cicin Mage.

Electro carched the air as multiple flying insects were summoned before her, attackimg the other party

Electro carched the air as multiple flying insects were summoned before her, attackimg the other party. Kumagawa summoned a second screw in his hand, this time using it as a sword to cut down the insects while Lumine unsheated her blade to assist him.

The minions were quickly dispposed off, but the the swarm obe managed to grab the Lyre and get it to the Cicin Mage before being killed by the screw in Kumagawa's hand which he threw now.

The Electro Cicin Mage couldn't move aroumd much because of the damage. Even so, she manage to give a bloodied grin before adressing Kumagawa.

Electro Cicin Mage:You really know how to get me going...

In a burst of Electro she dissapeared together with the Lyre. Kumagawa gave a little hum to this showcase of elemental ability.

Paimon:She dissapeared!?

Kumagawa:[They're really interesting, these Fatui...]

The noise of the fight had alreted the knights outside. A knight pointed his sword at them before shouting.

Knight:Freeze!

Kumagawa:[We'd love to, but we really must get going.]

In the next moment both Paimon and Lumine found themselves outside the Cathedral woth Kumagawa. Venti let out a surprised noise at their sudden appearence.

Paimon:Oh nooooo...We're busted! Run!

Venti:What!? Follow me!

Venti began to run on the streets of Monsdat, the other three closely behind. Lumine looked at Kumagawa's strangely relaxed attitude.

Lumine:You know we're outlaws now, right?

Kumagawa:[Hm? I think you're being too dramatic. I dobts they have any lead to suspect who was at the Cathedral on this night...]