જ➴ chapter eleven.

Chapter 11 :
"Down Memory Lane"

now playing
"Love" by Wave to Earth

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

: : from Sun-hee's perspective :

The next morning,
I woke up with a sudden jerk, the same force you feel in the dreams, when you fall out from something or get pushed by someone, you think that it's over, you're dead?

Actually not.

Your eyes which were forcing itself to open up now sees the world around you, and sweat beads are either on your palm or forehead or maybe both. Yes, I felt exactly the same.

And what I realized wasn't sweat or my body paralyzed which I'm used to, whenever haunting nightmares come, it was the realization that I woke up at 1 p.m, obviously in the afternoon.

My gaze quickly went to the wall clock striking its longer needle on exactly 12 digit and the smaller on 1.

But how did I even manage to sleep for that long without waking up between even for once, or even for a mere second? Was I that exhausted from the previous night incident?

To be honest, I overlooked the fact that I could have been assaulted by a random creepy man if it weren't upto Sunghoon I ran into, or our casual conversation later which really made me forgot that I was chased few minutes ago.

My throat felt dry remembering the past events and I decided to carry out my usual morning routine which I'll be doing in the afternoon but it doesn't matter since I'm basically alone.

Meditated, did pilates, brushed, ate corn flakes and was going in for a quick shower when I thought to put some music on and finally gained back full consciousness about having no phone with me.

My own phone was left behind in between the running and Sunghoon promised me to give it back to me later anyhow. But why wasn't he here yet? Did he oversleep too?

Geez why am I even ruining my own left day, overthinking every little things, so repeating the chain of exhaling inhaling series of breath I calmed myself down before I made my way to the bathroom, to finally take a shower, wash off the last remnants of my previous, troubled state.

With a refreshing shower and a swift makeup routine, a white sweater and denim flare pants adorned my dainty form, and completing my ensemble with a delicate pink heart pendant that Sunghoon had mailed me yesterday.

Even if I hate to admit it out loud, the pendant went well with the outfit. As I gathered my hair into a loose-knit style, I frantically searched for my favored brown claw clutch, finally finding it guilty of hiding in the depths of my bedside dresser's last compartment.

A smile graced my lips as I picked up the clutch, and my fingers inadvertently caressed the same old, yellow envelope that Sunghoon hoped would grant our relationship a second chance, over ten months ago.

My heart raced as I unfolded the crisp white paper from the envelope. The words that Sunghoon had scrawled across the page stared back at me, taunting me with their secrets.

I was hesitant, still wary of the pain that reading these words would bring, but my curiosity finally got the better of me. Gingerly, I began to unfold the sheet of paper, sitting right there on the floor, with the support of the edge of the bed and started reading the letter.

10th September, 2020

My Sun-hee, I'm writing this letter hoping that you won't be able to read it. If you're reading this letter, you and I missed each other again. That means my parents were successful in forcing me to send me to Japan to focus on figure skating, setting me apart from you.