જ➴ chapter five.

Chapter 05 :
"Fake faces"

now playing
"Pages" by Wimy

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

: : from Sun-hee's perspective

The almost stain caused by a sudden bump from a soft, lean shoulder might have evoked the core rage inside me if I didn't look up to see who it was before my obvious outburst.

"Sun-hee? I'm so sorry but hey it's been a while." The girl, who I used to dream of forever sweet friendship with stated.

"Mi-rae? Hey." I gave a fake toothy smile so she would know when to take her exit because I definitely didn't appear okay with this out of the blue little reunion.

"Aeee that's a dry reaction I wasn't expecting." The audacity she had to actually link her arms with mine and drag me to a random seat without any of my consent now ignited the cooled down rage inside me once again.

Guess waking up to the scent of cheap aroma candles didn't stick out to me as it explained the most uncomfortable crossover event I was witnessing today of all others.

Why was she even behaving like we maintained our distance on good terms? As to how many times I might have said the word but it's been exactly three years since it opened my eyes and made me realize who she actually is.

The day Sunghoon and I had our first argument and matter of fact it was because of the person I am now sitting at a cafè with. Ironic.

"Woah you girls really have some time to do to cover up your face with makeup so early in the morning, I mean it's only 9 in the morning you didn't really have to put so much effort into all this Sun-hee." Here she goes throwing the meanest and rudest words ever directly at your face with the broadest smile you'll ever encounter in your life.

Why was I even friends with her? And why the hell out of all people she has to cross paths with freaking me? Is the universe trying to recreate the events that happened three years ago or am I being a menace?

"You're right actually. Isn't it too early to start off your day with such pick me behavior Mi-rae? Having an identity crisis or what?" I said it out loud while maintaining the most dead eye contact with her which she seemed to avoid her best. She really has some nerve. It's not like she should expect me to swallow up her ugly behavior after all these days.

"Sun-hee you're being rude, you know how I am? I just say whatever is in my mind, I'm not like other girls having filters in both their cameras and words." And with that she literally started laughing like hyenas, and why wouldn't she?

Sure she isn't like other girls because the other girls I know are girl's girl, respect each other and are absolutely not interested in bringing other girls down for their preferences. I could have said something back in response but I'm not a bit eager to waste my precious energy on someone like her.

"Anyway, are you still with Sunghoon?" That's it. I don't know if my family will be proud but I'll surely not regret murdering her with the fork in front of me and spending the rest of my life in jail.

Killing her might save the trauma the humankind had to go through because of her. She literally has to bring up this?

"Not how you are Sun-hee? Or what's going on in your life? All you can think about is male species don't you?" I said back swallowing up the rage that was building up inside me successfully. I love this place too much to declare it as a crime scene so I might murder her on the streets if she'll say something horrible again.