5

The intense heat caused beads of sweat to form on his forehead, trickling down his face as he took a step back

The intense heat caused beads of sweat to form on his forehead, trickling down his face as he took a step back. His bones began to crack, and claws shot out as he unclenched his unfisted hands. He slowly lowered himself onto all fours, wincing in pain as he felt his body contort and shift. The transformation was always excruciating, but he knew he had to endure it in order to unleash the power of his wolf. Finally, the searing pain subsided, and he let out a fierce howl that echoed through the trees, causing birds to take flight in a panicked frenzy. He galloped through the woods, feeling the wind whipping through his fur and the strength in his muscles that came with his wolf form.

After a while, he came to a halt, instantly picking up the scent of the one he was searching for. He then took off, weaving through the dense forest as the scent overwhelmed his nose. He knew he was close; just one turn and-

A force tackled him to the ground. Jaws clamped around at his body, and the two wolves started thrashing around. His wolf growled dangerously and managed to throw the other Wolf off him. The two wolves began to circle each other, stalking like prey and daring one another to make the first move. While circling, he noticed that the other wolf was limping slightly, catching sight of the deep gash on the wolf's hind leg.

Without hesitation, he lunched forward, clamping his jaw onto the injured leg. The other wolf howled in pain in frantic shakes. He began to whimper. He was losing the battle; knowing this, his head lowered in submission, crawling backward as the wolf silently begged for release, satisfying the Wolf of Jules enough to let him go.

They began to shift.

"Are you fucking crazy!?"His opponent yelled, then groaned as he tried to move his injured leg. Mark's wide green eyes were filled with fear as he tried to pull away from the expressionless gaze of their soon-to-be alpha.

Jules dressed silently in the clothes waiting for him after his shift. He didn't feel remorse for Mason; he knew what he had signed up for when he volunteered to train with him. Everyone knew when an alpha wolf had its mind set on something, it didn't matter who you were, enemy or not. Submitting would always be the safest answer.

"Nice work, Prince Jules," The sound of claps echoed through the forest, causing a figure to reveal himself from the shadows. It was his trainer, a slim and tall man with strands of hair he tried hard to maintain. Despite not looking like a typical trainer, his appearance was deceptive.

"Nice work!? He almost tore my flipping leg off, and you're praising him for it!?" A growl emanated from Jules, the alpha in him, not liking the tone he was using as an inferior.

Does he need to learn his place?
His wolf growled, causing a vibrating sensation inside him that was a result of the arising irritation.

He continued on like an immature little wolf, completely oblivious to the deathly glare from Jules.