Mo Ghràidh

Soap gripped the steering wheel of his truck with a vice as he drove. Ghost sat in the passenger seat, bobbing his head to "Right Now" by Korn. The Scot swore under his breath, and it didn't go unnoticed by his partner.

"What did the steering wheel do to you, luv?" Simon jokingly asked with a chuckle.

"Oh, fuck off, aye? Cannae ye see I'm stressed?"

"I see that, Suds, but you gotta relax. It's only Gaz." That comment caused Soap to slam on the brakes, shove the gear shift to park, and glare at his love.

"Only Gaz? Only Gaz?! With all due respect, yer aff yer fuckin' heid!" He exclaimed, exasperated.

"Johnny, breathe. You're panicking over... well, nothing. Gaz is fine."

"But he isnae! He's hurtin' because of that fuckin' wanker!" Soap yelled as he tugged at his mohawk. The Brit gently held his wrists.

"None of that, luv. Look at me," he said. Soap groaned but hesitantly looked at the other man.

"What?"

"We're supposed to be happy for Gaz. He's happy with the Vaqueros. That's what matters, right?" Johnny didn't answer. "I need an answer, Sergeant," he spoke, using his Lieutenant voice.

"Aye, sir..." Soap sighed as he let go of his hawk.

"That's a good lad. Now drive, or I will."

"Nae! There's no need tae do tha'!" The Scot quickly exclaimed as he swatted the other's hands away. Simon chuckled.

"Knew that'd make you listen."

~~

After a couple flights and a drive, the dynamic duo (DC, please don't sue me) arrived at Los Vaqueros base. Rudy, Ale, and a woman with short, boyish hair stood in front waiting for them.

"I dinnae see Gaz, Si," Soap said as he parked.

"I don't either, Suds," Ghost replied as he undid his seatbelt and got out of the truck. His partner followed suit.

"Soap, Ghost! Good to see you, hermanos!" Alejandro laughed heartily. Simon and Johnny approached and shook both men's hands.

"Hello, ma'am," Soap said to Gaz, not knowing it was her. She snorted with amusement. "What's funny? Is it th' hair?"

"Not at all, Tav," Mila spoke with a smug grin. Her voice was manly, since she hadn't started Estrogen yet. Johnny's jaw popped open with shock.

"Gaz?! Ye... Yer a-"

"A woman, yes," Mila replied with a wink. "I look gorgeous, do I not?"

"Very much. But... why no' tell us?"

"Well, I honestly found out a couple days ago." Gaz nervously smiled and rocked back-and-forth on her feet. "And I wanted it to be a surprise."

"Yer fuckin' stunnin', Gaz. Holy fuck." Soap's words made Mila bark with laughter. Ale and Rudy smiled, proud of how the interaction was going.

"You know just what to say to make a girl feel good."

"Aye. I'm a pansexual people-praiser," Johnny grinned proudly. Simon sighed and lightheartedly rolled his eyes. Gaz looked over at him and smiled. She walked up to him.

"What do you think, sir?" She asked, motioning to her outfit.

"I think it's fitting," Ghost responded with an approving nod.

~~

After several hours, the sun started to set. The duo said their farewells and left. As Soap drove, he sighed sadly.

"I miss her already," he pouted.

"I do, too," Simon replied as he looked out the window, watching the world go by. It was nice taking a break from the bustle of military life, just to hang out with their close friend. But parting is such sweet sorrow, as they say.

"I'm proud of her," the Brit muttered with a yawn. He curled up a bit in the passenger's seat, showing uncommon vulnerability.

"I am, too," Johnny softly replied as he reached a hand over with his eyes still on the road ahead. He gently caressed his partner's masked cheek, which earned him a relaxed groan from the other man. "Would ye like th' mask off, luv?"

"Mhm..." Ghost hummed with a slight tired whine. Soap pulled over and parked, before ever-so-gently removing the fabric from his lover. "Mo ghràidh," he cooed.

"Johnny...?" The Brit softly spoke in an unusually slightly higher tone.

"Yes, Si?"

"Don't leave me like Papa did."

Oh.

Simon just regressed in front of Johnny.

"Never, Si. I'll always be here."

"Promise...?"

"I swear it." "What am I gonna tell Price? Does he know?"