Taking a Toll

On the next mission, Ghost and Soap had to find some weapons a terrorist group was using, which were in an abandoned warehouse.

"This place is fuckin' grody," Soap muttered as he scanned the ground floor with his rifle. He and Simon had their night-vision goggles on, since the inside of the building was dark.

"What did you expect? A luxurious, five-star place?" Ghost asked.

"I wouldnae mind tha'."

"Of fuckin' course you wouldn't." The Brit rolled his eyes.

~~

Meanwhile on base, Gaz was laying on the sofa in the rec room. Suddenly, Price walked in. When he saw the Sergeant, a fond smile crossed his face. He approached and stood in front of him.

"Mind if I take a seat?" He asked with a slight tilt of his head. Kyle looked up and sighed.

"I guess," he muttered as he sat up. Jonathan noticed the upset look on his partner's face.

"What's upsetting you, Dove?" He asked as he sat beside Gaz.

"Nothing's wrong. I'm fine."

"I know an upset look when I see it." Price hooked a finger under his chin and lifted it so they were face-to-face. "You know you can talk to me, right?"

"Yeah, I know," Gaz replied sharply, as he moved the other man's hand away from him. "But there's nothing to talk about. I think I'm gonna head to my room."

And with that, he stood up and went to his room. Jonathan just sat in the rec room, looking worried and confused.

~~~

Later after the mission was over, Ghost and Soap sat alone in a helicopter. The Scot looked over at the Brit with a slightly concerned expression.

"LT, everything alright?" He asked.

"Just fuckin' peachy, Sergeant," Simon harshly responded. John pouted.

"You're never this angry. What's wrong?"

"Shut it, Soap," the Lieutenant snarled with a glare.

"Y'know I'm not gonna. So ye might as well—"

"MacTavish, if you don't shut your goddamn mouth." Soap shut up after that, but it didn't last long.

"I hate seein' ya like this, LT. I dinnae ken why, but it hurts," he said. Ghost sighed angrily.

"That sounds like a you problem. Now read my lips. Shut the fuck up."

"Kinda hard t' read yer lips if I cannae see 'em."

"MacTavish!"

"Alright, fine. I'll be fuckin' quiet."