Body of an Angel

"Gotta clean up my mess before Johnny gets back. Oh, he probably thinks I'm a dirty she-male," Ghost thought to himself as he quickly tried to change his bloody sheets.

   He had stuffed toilet paper in his pants to work as a makeshift pad. "Wait, why do I care what he thinks?" He paused his thoughts. "I asked him to get me pads, but he probably ran for the hills because of the sight of me. You've done it again, Simon Riley. You've scared off someone else. Add that to the list. Let's celebrate with a cold, big bottle of whiskey and a long sobbing session."

   He had just finished changing his bedding, when there was a knock at the door.

   "LT, ye still breathin'?" Soap asked from outside the door.

   "Unfortunately," the Brit answered back as he laid back down. "You can come in." He looked over to see Johnny walking into the room with a pack of pads. "Jeezus, Johnny, you didn't walk through base carrying that, did you?"

   "I did."

   "Of fucking course you did. It's so you..." Ghost sighed and rubbed his thumb and index finger on his temple. Soap pulled a pad out of the 25-pack and handed it to his LT. He noticed a bulge coming from the man's undergarments. He also saw the toilet paper peeking out.

   "A makeshift pad?" He asked with a smirk.

   "Fuck off. I was using my resources."

   "That's so you." Simon snatched the purple-packaged pad and stormed to the bathroom. He had to control his urge to slam the door.

   After he got situated, he trudged back to Soap.

   "All good, LT?" The Scot asked with a half-smile. The Lieutenant just glared. "Would ye like me to leave?"

"No," Simon quickly answered. "I'd, uh, rather have comfort right now..."

"Awe, ye find me comforting?" Soap asked with a grin.

"I find you annoying, but it distracts me from the pain."

"Tha's good enough for me." And with that, Johnny sit criss-crossed against Ghost's headboard, while the Brit laid down with his head in the other man's lap. "Would ye like yer mask, LT?" It was too late to put on a mask, so Simon shook his head. He didn't care if Johnny saw his bare face, even though his eye grease was a mess. "Mind if I run my fingers through yer hair?"

"If you tear even a single strand out, I'll murder you," Ghost muttered. It was an empty threat, but Johnny decided to play along.

"If I was t' die, I'd love for ye to be the last person I see," he cooed as he gently ran his fingers through the other man's thick blonde locks. Simon sighed contently and closed his eyes. Soap nearly exploded with affection towards him.