Rise Up

The next few days went by like normal. But one evening in particular went in a way Simon could only describe as... unexpected. He was walking through the barracks, when he heard the muffled sound of music.

"Who...?" He listened carefully until he found the source.

"Of fuckin' course," he sighed. He stood outside Soap's room, where the music was coming from.

He knocked three times, then waited. The music stopped, he noticed. Then there was shuffling, before the door opened.

"Oh, hello, sir. Was my music too loud? I thought I had it at a good volume," The Scot said as he looked up at his superior.

"No, Sergeant, but your taste is... not what I expected."

"Oh, aye, I guess ye could say I'm poly-jam-orous." John chuckled at his own joke.

"The fuck does that mean?"

"It means that I like more than one music genre."

Soap looked out into the hallway, before pulling the bigger man into his room and shutting the door.

"The fuck are you doing?" Ghost asked as he pushed off the Scot. He looked up at him, just to see a hand held out towards him.

"Dance with me, LT," John said with a bright grin. His eyes glistened in the orange-ish light coming from the sunset outside.

"I, um... I don't know how."

"I can help ya."

"This, uh—" Before Simon could finish his thought, he was pulled up against the smaller man. He stared wide-eyed down at him. Their chests were pressed together, and their heartbeats synced up (they didn't know it).

Then they slowly started swaying.

"1-2-3-4. 1-2-3. 1-2-3-4. 1-2-3. Got it?" John instructed. The Brit looked down at their feet, making sure to not mess up or trip over his or Johnny's feet.

"Faster?" Simon hesitantly asked. He didn't want to mess up. Soap nodded in response as he looked back up at his dancing partner.

They then slowed to a stop.

"I think you're a natural, LT," Johnny said as he reached over and grabbed his phone off the bed. He pressed play, and the song "Rise Up" by B.E.R. started playing.

Then he gently took Ghost's hands and started spinning around in a circle. The sunset made the atmosphere perfect. The most unexpected thing that happened was that Soap started to sing with the band.

"Say the words. Rise up, come on and go with me. Say the words. And feel the wave of the energy. Rise up. Rise up. And feel the wave of the energy. Rise up. Rise up. Say the words that will set you free," he beautifully sang as they spun.

Simon just stared with wide, awe-filled eyes. He moved his hand away from John and removed his mask.

They stopped spinning and Soap gently-and-quickly kissed his Lieutenant. His Lieutenant. The pale-skinned man blushed like crazy, and his blue-and-brown eyes sparkled.

"So, uh, you're doing fine... I'll just be on my way..." he mumbled. Before Soap could stop him, he was out the door and down the hall.

The Scot stood there with a victorious-and-smug smirk on his face, and his hands on his hips.

"He loves me."

Simon slammed his door shut and stood against it. His eyes were still widened.

"I love him...?" he whispered.