~Farewell~

Isha'sPOV

Today might be my last hurrah in these hallowed halls. Farewell day had arrived, a bittersweet culmination of a year woven with every emotion imaginable: joy, sorrow, the usual teenage angst, and of course, enough madness to fill a circus (mostly the good kind, thankfully).

Farewell loomed large, a bittersweet culmination of a year overflowing with emotions – the joyous, the tearful, the utterly chaotic (mostly the chaotic, let's be honest). Standing before my mirror, I ran a final checklist in my head. Saree? Check. Earrings? Check. Bracelet, necklace, hair – all present and accounted for. Light makeup? Done and dusted. And lastly, the pièce de résistance – heels – clicked into place with a satisfying snap.

A quick descent down the stairs led me to the living room, where my parents, blessedly home on a Sunday, awaited. Dad bestowed a peck on my temple, his eyes twinkling. "Looking very beautiful today, Isha," he declared. Mom, ever the protector, followed suit, whispering a silent prayer as she dabbed a Dishtti Bottu (ah, the joys of Indian parenthood) behind my ear.

With a quick "flying kiss" and a phone clutched in my hand, I dashed out the door. Ravi Uncle, our trusty chauffeur, was waiting patiently in the garden for Rishi and me. Ten minutes ticked by, each one stretching into an eternity. Finally, I couldn't contain my impatience. Fumbling for my phone, I dialled Rishi's number.i turned around , towards his house,just as the familiar ringtone echoed from nearby.

There he stood, bathed in the golden light of the setting sun, looking every bit the prince charming in his black suit. My jaw practically hit the floor. Lost in a daze of admiration, I didn't even realize I was blatantly staring until a playful wave of his hand snapped me back to reality.

"Earth to Isha," he chuckled. "Daydreaming, are we? Come on, or we'll be late."

I scoffed playfully. "Says the one who waltzed in ten minutes late." A friendly bicker later, we hopped into the car, the school coming into view. The familiar building, usually bustling with activity, seemed to wear a different air today. The backdrop of a pink and orange sky casts a magical silhouette, imbuing the place with an almost ethereal beauty. Side by side with Rishi, I stepped out of the car, a knot of emotions forming in my stomach. Farewell, it may be, but as I looked around at the school adorned in its festive farewell finery.

A flurry of hugs and selfies greeted us as we reached our group. Excitement crackled in the air, a collective plan brewing to sneak in a bit earlier than the official farewell time. I scanned the faces, complimenting everyone on their outfits. "You guys look amazing!" I declared, earning a matching grin from Maitri. Viraj complimented me "You too Ishuu......" and he pulled my cheeks.

With a unified front, we strolled towards the auditorium, the setting sun casting a warm glow on our faces. A sense of relief washed over me – Rashmi and Dikshith, the resident troublemakers, were thankfully absent, expelled for their constant rule-breaking. No one needed their brand of chaos on this special day.

The farewell program kicked off with energetic dance performances by our juniors. Clapping and cheers filled the air as the last group of dancers exited the stage. Now it was the teachers' turn, and they had a surprise in store! Apparently, they'd been secretly observing our mannerisms, and tonight, they were unleashing their best student impersonations. Laughter erupted as each teacher took centre stage, perfectly mimicking our quirks and habits. Daksh's impersonation, in particular, had the entire audience in stitches.

Finally, it was our turn to step into the spotlight. A lump formed in my throat as I walked up to the podium, the weight of the moment settling on my shoulders. Taking a deep breath, I began my speech.

"As I bid farewell, I want to express my gratitude for this amazing day. It will always hold a special place in my heart. We joined the school many years back; however, it was yesterday, and the departure time had come very soon. We will stay connected and share this beautiful bond of ours throughout life. It has been a beautiful memorable journey in this school along with you people. I fall short of words to express my gratitude for you people. It has truly been a pleasure studying here and I cannot express how badly I will miss it." I declared, my voice resonating through the hall. "This isn't goodbye, it's a 'see you later.' Farewell may mark the end of an era, but the memories we've made will forever hold a cherished place in my heart."

My voice wavered slightly as I continued, expressing my gratitude to the teachers who had nurtured us and the friends who had become like family. "This journey has been nothing short of extraordinary," I concluded, my heart brimming with bittersweet emotions. One by one, I thanked each teacher personally, the weight of their guidance sinking in.

And then, it was party time! The dance floor beckoned, and we surged forward, a wave of uncoordinated but joyous movement. Teachers joined the fray, Mrs Shyla, our favourite, gracing the dance floor with Rishi by her side. Daksh escorted Mrs Anuradha, while I had the honour of spinning Mrs Shriya around. Trish, never to be outdone, pulled Ms. Kalyani into the dancing throng.

The night unfolded in a whirlwind of laughter, music, and countless photo ops. Finally, with heavy hearts but overflowing memories, we, the school council members, approached Mr. Desai. Thankful for his leadership, we returned our badges, a bittersweet symbol of the chapter closing.

As we walked out of the school one last time, the weight of the goodbyes settled in. Yet, beneath the sadness, a flicker of hope remained. This wasn't the end, merely a pause. We would carry this special bond with us, a testament to the beautiful journey we had shared within these walls.

Isha's OOTD (you guys can imagine her in any of these . I liked both of them so I just gave the choice to you.)

Rishi's OOTD 

Author's Note :

hey guys! how is the chapter? I would love to know how you felt. don't forget to comment and vote on the chapter. I know that I haven't been updating regularly so as a bonus I'm gonna upload another chapter today. stay tuned.