Shadows of Despair

As Elysia fled through the desolate streets, her heart pounded in her chest, each breath a desperate gasp for air.
The echoes of her footsteps mingled with the distant sounds of destruction, a haunting symphony of chaos that filled the night air.

With every passing moment, she felt the weight of the world pressing down on her shoulders, the fear and uncertainty threatening to consume her from within.

But amidst the darkness, a glimmer of hope—a faint flicker of light amidst the shadows.

It was then that she stumbled upon it—a small alley tucked away from prying eyes, its entrance concealed by a crumbling wall.
With cautious steps, she ventured inside, her senses on high alert as she scanned the surroundings for any sign of danger.

To her relief, the alley appeared to be deserted, its silence broken only by the distant sounds of the city beyond.
With a sigh of relief, she sank to the ground, her exhaustion finally catching up to her.

But even as she rested, her mind raced with thoughts of her next move.
She knew she couldn't stay hidden forever, not when the beasts' army was hot on her trail.With a sense of urgency, she ventured out into the night once more, her footsteps silent as she navigated the empty streets.
It was then that she stumbled upon another ruined building—a small grocery store, its windows shattered and its shelves overturned.

With cautious steps, she approached the entrance, her heart pounding in her chest as she peered inside.
To her surprise, the interior appeared to be untouched, its shelves stocked with canned goods and other non-perishable items.

With a sense of relief, she gathered what supplies she could carry, her hands trembling with anticipation as she filled the bag  she found there with food and water.
It was a small victory, but in the midst of despair, it offered a glimmer of hope.

But even as she prepared to leave, a sense of unease lingered in the back of her mind.
She knew she couldn't stay hidden forever, not when the beasts' army was closing in.

With a heavy heart, she slipped out into the night, her senses on high alert as she made her way back to the safety of the alley.

As she huddled in the darkness, she prayed for her brother's safety, hoping against hope that he had managed to evade capture.

But even as she prayed, a sense of dread washed over her—a chilling realization that her worst fears were about to come true.

The Next Day :

As the sun rose over the horizon, the beasts' army descended upon the neighborhood once more, their footsteps echoing through the empty streets.

As they searched for any sign of their elusive prey, their voices filled with frustration and anger, a sudden realization dawned upon them—a realization that sent a chill down their spines.

For in that moment, they heard a voice in their minds—a voice both familiar and otherworldly. It was the voice of their King, Thornvald Draconis, his words a chilling reminder of the consequences of failure.
"If you do not find her by dawn," the voice whispered, its tone cold and unforgiving, "you will suffer the consequences."

With a sense of dread, the soldiers redoubled their efforts, their determination fueled by the fear of what awaited them if they failed.

But just as it seemed all hope was lost, a faint sound echoed through the darkness—a soft rustling, like the whisper of leaves in the wind.

And in that moment, they knew—they had found her brother.

They ran and caught him before he can run away.

Elysia, who was looking at them secretly from a distance saw that they got their brother. She also heard them saying that he would be taken to the king.

She didn't knew if they would kill him off Or do something worse and this thought sent shivers to her.

As the soldiers hurried off towards their king, their minds filled with dread and despair, Elysia remained hidden in the shadows, her heart heavy with grief and uncertainty.

But amidst the darkness, a flicker of determination burned bright—a resolve to save her brother and face whatever dangers lay ahead, no matter the cost.

For she knew that the bond between siblings was stronger than any army, and she would do whatever it took to protect the ones she loved.

With a heavy heart, she prepared to face the challenges that lay ahead, knowing that the path ahead would be fraught with danger and uncertainty.

But as she stood alone in the darkness, a glimmer of hope shone bright—a beacon of light amidst the shadows of despair.

And with that hope burning bright in her heart, she vowed to press on, to face whatever dangers lay ahead with courage and determination.

For she knew that no matter what trials awaited her, she would never give up—not when the lives of those she loved depended on it.

And so, with a silent prayer on her lips, she stepped out into the light, ready to face whatever challenges lay ahead, with hope and courage as her guide.For in the darkness of despair, there was always a glimmer of hope—a light that shone bright, even in the darkest of nights.

                           *:..。o○ ○o。..:*