Awakening

Elysia's POV

My head felt as if it was being crushed under the weight of a thousand boulders.

Every pulse of pain sent waves of nausea crashing through me.

Slowly, I began to regain consciousness, the fog of unconsciousness lifting to reveal the worried faces of my family hovering over me.

Mom's gentle touch brushed a strand of hair from my clammy forehead as she whispered soothing words, her voice tinged with concern.
"Elysia, darling, can you hear me? Are you alright?" Her eyes, filled with maternal worry, searched mine for any sign of recognition.

Blinking away the haze, I struggled to focus on her face.

"I... I think so," I managed to croak, my throat dry and scratchy.

Dad's worried pacing halted abruptly as he leaned closer, his brows furrowed in concern.
"What happened, sweetheart? You gave us quite a scare."

The memories flooded back in a dizzying rush, the image of the monstrous figure and its chilling words replaying in my mind like a sinister nightmare.

"It... It was real," I murmured, my voice barely audible.

Finn, my younger brother, sat beside me, his expression a mix of disbelief and apprehension.
"Real? What do you mean, Elysia? You've been having these... these hallucinations again, haven't you?"

I shook my head weakly, frustration building inside me as I struggled to make them understand.
"No, it wasn't a hallucination. It was... him."

Their expressions shifted from concern to skepticism, exchanging worried glances as if questioning my sanity.

But I knew what I had seen was real.

Thornvald Draconis, the name echoed in my mind with an ominous weight.

As they tried to reassure me that it was just a bad dream, I couldn't shake the feeling of impending doom that gnawed at my insides.

How could I make them understand that this was not a figment of my imagination?

How could I convince them that danger lurked just beyond our doorstep?

Lost in my thoughts, I found myself staring blankly at the mirror across the room.

Suddenly, a hairline crack split its surface, spreading like a spiderweb before my startled eyes.

Before I could comprehend what was happening, the ground beneath us trembled violently, shaking the house to its very foundation.

Finn's voice pierced through the chaos, urgent and panicked.
"Elysia, we need to get out of here!"

But I remained frozen in place, my gaze fixed on the mirror where the same symbol from that fateful night appeared, glowing ominously.

He was here.
For me.

A surge of realization washed over me, chilling me to the core.

As the world around me crumbled, I whispered those words with a mixture of dread and resignation, knowing that my life would never be the same again.
"He's here for me."

The room spun as I struggled to sit up, the throbbing ache in my head intensifying with each passing moment.

Finn's frantic voice echoed in the chaos, urging me to move, to run, but my limbs felt heavy and unresponsive.

The walls shook violently, the sound of splintering wood and shattering glass filling the air with a cacophony of destruction.

Through the chaos, I could hear my family's panicked cries, their voices a distant echo in the turmoil.

But amidst the chaos, my attention remained fixated on the cracked mirror before me, the symbol glowing with an eerie intensity.

It was a silent reminder of the truth I had tried to deny, a harbinger of the darkness that had descended upon us.
"He's here for me," I whispered once more, the words heavy with resignation and fear.

And as the world crumbled around me, I knew that there was no escaping the inevitable.

Thornvald Draconis had come for me, and there was nowhere left to hide.

As the tremors subsided and the chaos settled, I found myself standing before the shattered mirror, my reflection distorted amidst the fractured glass.

But amidst the chaos, a single thought echoed in my mind with chilling clarity—he was here.

My heart pounded in my chest as I stared at the broken shards, the symbol etched into the glass like a sinister omen.

Every fiber of my being screamed in terror, urging me to flee, to escape the grasp of the darkness that threatened to consume me.

But as I stood there, paralyzed by fear and uncertainty, a voice whispered in the depths of my mind—a voice both familiar and otherworldly. It seemed to beckon me, yet I resisted its call, unwilling to venture further into the unknown depths of the shattered mirror.

                           *:..。o○ ○o。..:*