Chapter 36

Kwon Yido permitted me to sleep, however, my motivation to do so had already disappeared. I thought I should contact my family once the ceremony was over. It was not the time to disappear so suddenly and leisurely rest in bed.

However, as if Kwon Yido sensed my thoughts, he added quietly.

“I informed Jung Sejin’s family about it.”

I quietly turned my eyes and looked at him. Those dark eyes were fixed on me without wavering.

What did he really say to his family? Did he explain in detail what happened with Kwon Yijung, or did he just say we were going home first? Since it was not like Kwon Yido, the most likely possibility was that both sides were simply told not to interfere.

I placed one hand on the bed and raised my upper body. My jacket and vest had been removed, and I was wearing only a dress shirt and a loose tie. Since there was no way someone else touched me, Kwon Yido must have taken it off.

“…Thank you for caring for me.”

I felt numb because I was so tired. It didn’t matter either way, I just felt relieved that the whole situation was over. It wasn’t a bad result considering all of the annoying work had been handled with a blink of an eye.

“Thanks to you, there were no troubling matters.”

As soon as Kwon Yido heard me, he shut his mouth. His face was still expressionless, but his eyes were full of complex expressions. After pursing his lips a couple of times, he asked a vague question.

“…Where does it hurt?”

Since I suddenly lost consciousness right before his eyes, it was no wonder that such a question was asked. What was strange was that he looked overly worried.

“No such place…I’m okay.”

“You don’t feel sick or anything like that?”

“Yes, everything is fine.”

I shrugged my shoulders in reassurance. Thanks to a good night’s sleep, my condition was even better. Despite this, Kwon Yido still stared at my face as if he had something to say.

“…”

“…”

Silence hovered between us. While I was fiddling with my tie, he didn’t say anything to me. It was not like he had something to say to me, it was like he wanted to hear something from me.

I knew it was my turn to ask questions. It would be right to ask what happened to Kwon Yijung. Since those things happened before I lost consciousness, my possible reactions were limited.

“…Thank you for your help.”

But there was no need to ask such things. Kwon Yijung was the second son in the Seonho Group, and if I made mountains out of moles, I would be at a disadvantage. To summarize, there was no benefit to me in going over an incident that was only an attempt.

“Did Lee Taeseong contact you there?”

Kwon Yido’s silence was nothing short of affirmation. Perhaps Lee Taeseong, who followed Kwon Yijung and me, had secretly contacted him. If only a bodyguard had come forward, the problem would have been bigger, so it was a very wise decision.

“You should give him some special allowance.”

“…Is that all you have to say to me?”

I looked away for a moment to gather my thoughts. I was going to move on as if nothing had happened anyway, but I didn’t know what else to say to him. Oh, or was this what you wanted to hear?