Chapter 24

“…”

“…”

I had the impression that time had stopped. He stared at me with such sincerity that it brought tears to my eyes. My heart felt overjoyed as if I had discovered an oasis while I was desperately thirsty.

Kwon Yido closed the door quietly and approached me carefully. His presence merged into the space that was filled with my pheromones as the gap between us shrank. The pheromones that poured out in clumps quickly soaked me in, as if I’d been hit by rain.

“Kwon…Yido…”

When I called him again, he twitched the corners of his eyes. He took a deep breath and untied his tie. He took a quick look around the room and spoke in his normal aristocratic tone.

“Thank goodness.”

“…”

“You’re calling my name this time.”

I blinked my eyes discreetly. Tears welled up at the corners of my eyes and streamed down my cheeks. Kwon Yido gazed at my face and spoke softly.

“Jung Sejin.”

Kwon Yido’s distinct pheromones were abundant. I wriggled about, trying to get a little closer to him. I even muttered as I anxiously put out my palm, as if there was a magnificent ripe fruit there in front of me.

“Your pheromones…”

“…”

I dropped my hand without even brushing the hem of his clothes. While I was out of breath, Kwon Yido took a step closer to me. His eyes were a little more unkempt than normal at first glance.

“Are you having a hard time?”

That is something that many people say. If I were dominating, I would understand how terrible it was when the cycle occurred. Of course, because I was taking suppressants prescribed by his doctor, I had never been pushed to this point.

“What should I do?”

Kwon Yido asked and placed his finger on my cheek. Maybe he was trying to wipe away my tears, but his thumb slightly swept under my eyes. As he was trying to walk away, I grabbed his wrist without realizing it.

“…”

If I could, I would chew and swallow his fingers. Despite knowing it was an unusual impulse, I went so far as to place the tip of his finger on my lips. Kwon Yido gently pulled down on my lower teeth and whispered softly.

“Talk to me. I will do whatever you ask me to do.”

It was a pleasant tone. But what made me assume he was upset? Why did I get the impression that he was upset despite his calm demeanor and voice?

“… Me.”

Even when I let go of my luck, I paused to collect my breath. I was having difficulty forming phrases because I was experiencing an unexplained sensation. Kwon Yido’s finger was still pressed against my lips.

“Please…”

It sounded more like a moan than a word. The breathy voice was severely muffled, even becoming raspy. I was panting and begging, both hands on his hand.

“Somehow…”

I smelled his pheromones. He put his hand near to my face and lifted my chin with his other hand. Then he lowered his upper body and mashed our lips together tightly.

“…”

Should I claim I was feeling alive now? I felt like I was receiving artificial breathing the instant he breathed into me. Pheromones appeared to infiltrate deep into my lungs and travel throughout my entire body.