Chapter 16

At first glance, he seemed to be in a good mood, but the expression on his face when he said it said otherwise. That was why I couldn’t tell Kwon Yido to promote him again because he was good at what he did. Instead of giving a definitive answer, I subtly changed the subject.

“Come to think of it…I have a favor to ask you.”

“Ask me…?”

As soon as the word “favor” came out, Kwon Yido narrowed his eyes. As he thought about something, his well-groomed eyebrows went up.

“About getting rid of security…”

“No, that’s not it.”

I interrupted him unintentionally, but fortunately, he didn’t seem offended. I was the only one who blurted out the words but shut my mouth in shock. It was difficult if I, as someone, kept getting comfortable, and when Kwon Yido gave me space, I kept wanting to stretch my legs.

“I was wondering if I could use the study.”

“…The study?”

“Yes, I’ve read all the books in my room and have nothing more to read.”

Today too, when Kwon Yido went to work, Lee Taeseong would come to visit without fail. He would follow me like a shadow and accompany me to the greenhouse together with a very uncomfortable look on his face. In that case, it might be better to take two books with me.

“The study…”

I thought he would say he would understand right away, but Kwon Yido did not answer right away and hesitated. He looked at me, then turned his head and seemed to be thinking about something. Soon, he clicked his tongue briefly and answered with a nonchalant expression.

“Okay, you can do whatever you feel comfortable with. You can use the study on the first floor.”

It was the first floor. The study I saw was on the second floor.

“The bookshelf will be high, so don’t take out the items from the top yourself; have a staff do it for you. Ladders are dangerous.”

“…Thank you.”

There was no way there was only one study in this large house, but it was strange he specifically mentioned the first floor. The saying is, ‘Use the study on the first floor.’ But in reality, the nuance is, ‘Don’t roam around anywhere else.’

Before I felt that sense of wonder for a moment, Kwon Yido opened his mouth.

“Last time, that place was where I worked.”

“Ah.”

For some reason, the desk felt like it had been used. It appeared to be a study and office. In that case, it was understandable that he was talking about the first floor rather than the second floor.

“…”

But why do I keep feeling strange?

“We are done here, I think.”

He finished his meal and stood up first. The neatly placed dishes seemed to show his personality. The moment I was about to follow Kwon Yido out of the kitchen, he suddenly turned around and looked at me.

“Jung Sejin.”

Sometimes, there were moments when I felt a slight sense of déjà vu. For example, when I looked at him from a close distance like right now.

“I’m telling you just in case, don’t go into the study on the second floor.”

“…Yes?”

I felt like he had hit the nail on the head. I didn’t expect Kwon Yido to say what I thought was strange. He spoke in a very serious voice without blinking an eye.

At the End of That Memory जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें