Chapter VI: The Deathclaws

After what happened at the Jefferson Memorial the Enclave will not give up to take it back, you can no longer wander through the Capital Wasteland for more than five minutes without seeing a Enclave vertibird or outpost.

The Enclave only become more powerful as time passes as they are building bases, destroying towns, and killing any Brotherhood Of Steel paladins they see. The Lone Wanderer and Sentinel Lyons were both nearly killed at the Jefferson Memorial but they seem to still be alive but they may never wake up according to Brotherhood Of Steel scientists, doctors, and Elder Lyons himself.

If they don't ever wake up than defeating the Enclave will be either much more difficult and we would have more losses or we may not even win and be wiped out by the Enclave, but the Enclave is struggling as their leader John Henry Eden recently was killed by the Lone Wanderer and in the process blew up the Enclave's most valued base in the Capital Wasteland, Raven Rock. Plus the huge takeover of the Jefferson Memorial that happened three days ago.

now I'm done with updates and ready to complete the quest I was given by the Brotherhood Of Steel today, they need me to take care of a large number of deathclaws that were at a place northeast of the Citadel.

The deathclaws were living there always but something seems to be driving them out of their home and they were killing wastelanders, obstructing trading routes, and just generally causing trouble, so I was sent to investigate, I was walking there casually when I saw a vertibird in the sky and I quickly jumped behind a rock and hoped they wouldn't spot me and they didn't. I ran faster the rest of the way when I saw an Enclave camp with a five Hellfire units, two officers and, a deathclaw? The deathclaw had a metal device on it's head which seemed to make it not attack the Enclave soldiers but attack others probably, this made taking out Enclave squads much more difficult than before especially with more Hellfire units. I pulled out a pulse grenade and threw ut at the soldiers and the deathclaws device went temporarily offline and it began ripping apart all the Enclave soldiers and officers leaving a bunch of severed limbs, guns and metal. I still needed to take care of the deathclaw so I opened fire at the hurt deathclaw and when my plasma rifle killed it the creature turned into a pile of green goo, I collected scrap metal from the broken pieces of Enclave Hellfire power armor to use to repair weapons and armor for the Brotherhood Of Steel, also, I was out of pulse grenades.

I started back in the direction of the deathclaw sanctuary for my quest although I have no pulse grenades so I can't utilize deathclaws to destroy Enclave outposts.

I was walking and I saw a Enclave camp with no deathclaw or Hellfire units, just 4 normal soldiers, a officer, and a vertibird with a pilot I saw through the glass. I decided to fire at the base, right before I fired I noticed something.

There was a small gap between the helmet and chassis of the Enclave power armor and the gap was just big enough to fit a laser or small bullet, I fired at a Enclave soldier and hit his neck which was sealed with a very thin piece of armor made out of the same material as Chinese stealth armor but it is just normal armor with a thin metal plating.

The Enclave soldiers didn't see me and I fired again and killed another, their vertibird was very loud as the engine was turned on so the Enclave people couldn't hear the laser and the pilot couldn't see any of this because he was rustling through papers in the storage case below the ships pilots seat because the vertibirds don't have glove boxes for obvious reasons.

I shot and killed the last three Enclave people other than the pilot and approached the vertibird with the pilot still unaware of what is happening, I opened the door into the vertibird and the pilot didn't look at me but he said "Welcome aboard, Si-" he looked up, "Hey, Hey d-don't hurt me, please" he begged "Step out of the vertibird" I commanded, he stepped out of the vertibird and stood in front of me, I spotted a satchel with a small holster which he had a plasma pistol in and I saw him slowly reaching for it, I grabbed his arm and forced him to the ground on he's knees.

I looked around for something to tie him up with when I saw the Enclave officers hat, I pulled out my knife and attempted to cut a string put I decided the fabric wasn't strong enough and looked around more and saw a table with a cloth on it and after picking it up under it I saw a plasma grenade and pulse grenade and I took both and cut out a thick string of it and tied the hands of the pilot.

I took his plasma pistol so if he did break free he couldn't hurt me, all knights since the Enclave arrived are taught to fly vertibirds so I knew how to fly it. I picked up the tied pilot and tied hit to a chair so he didn't slide around, I flew the vertibird we'll until I heard noises in the back of the vertibird and when I looked back I saw the pilot using a knife that he somehow acquired to cut the rope around his hands.

I quickly put the vertibird into hover mode and ran back or the pilot but he cut the rope and when he got near attempted to stab me, I guess he didn't think through the fact that I was wearing power armor and the knife slid across the metal and I picked him up and opened the door.

I picked up the knife and cut off his right thumb and used a piece of the cloth which I took with me to patch up his wound and I threw the knife down hundreds of feet before it hit the ground and broke into pieces. The entire time he was silent.

Before taking back out of hover mode and going forward I popped open the front window of the vertibird and set the glass down on the other seat and slowly flew not much farther to the Citadel as I decided it wasn't the best idea to fly a Enclave vertibird into the Citadel without them able to see my face and because of that I took off my helmet too.

When I landed they were happy I brought a Enclave pilot to interrogate about the Enclaves plans and they told me because it was so far away to use the vertibird to go to the deathclaw sanctuary because they didn't think I could do it that fast but I said "I know what has been happening to the deathclaws" "What?" a knight asked "The Enclave have been abducting them and using devices to control them and I think the deathclaws are simply searching for their family" I answered "I'll tell Elder Lyons right away!" He said and he left into the building.

The Brotherhood Of Steel said they could make use of the vertibird and the informative pilot I brought them and they were very happy because the Brotherhood Of Steel also knew to send us with a lot of pulse grenades because of the weaponized deathclaws.

Stay tuned for Chapter VII! Even though this isn't a radio station!