Chapter II: Horrors of the Wasteland

After the encounter with Brotherhood Of Steel outcasts I Decided to travel to the middle of Washington D.C. in search is of the Brotherhood Of Steel.

I began walking in the general direction of Washington D.C., in the distance I saw a campground with a torn tent and a destroyed table. I approached to find two wastelanders, both of them torn in half. One had leather armor and a .32 pistol, the other had a hoodie and a 10mm pistol.

I took the leather armor and the 10mm pistol along with some assorted ammunition some not compatible with their pistols, including .308 rounds for my hunting rifle. I stood around wondering what could have done this before leaving, on my way out I tripped on a single bloody leg with what looked like metal armor on it along with a nearly destroyed laser rifle a small distance away.

I picked up the laser rifle with hope of finding another laser weapon to use to repair it, I continued along my way after putting on my new leather armor which was missing a left shoulder pad and my right knee had a metal pad that I detatched from the severed leg I found earlier. I traveled for what felt like a few hours with nothing interesting happening, I reached a large bridge with a light tinted green in the water below, probably irradiated.

As I was walking across the bridge towards a few collapsed skyscrapers I heard a odd noise behind me, I turned around to see a crab like mutant walking on two legs with claws, a mirelurk, I fired with my hunting rifle and hit the shell and barely hurt it, I fired again and hit it's face which had no padding.

It stumbled but was still alive, I attempted to fire again and a heard a click, I was out of bullets I dropped my hunting rifle as by the time I reloaded it I would be dead so I pulled out the .357 revolver from earlier and I aimed, shot, but nothing happened, the entire time that gun wasn't even loaded and I never bothered to check.

I then pulled out my damaged laser rifle and took the shot, the beam hit the creature in the face where it was vulnerable and it fell down, it's corpse quickly turned into a pile of ash, I loaded all my guns and with my hunting rifle in hand, continued.

The road into the city had collapsed rubble on it and was to steep to climb, about 80 yards away I spotted a metro station, I walked towards it and heard tons of gunfire, I looked around and saw a huge green man with a minigun firing in my direction, it was on the other side of the river. A super mutant brute, I took cover behind a wall of chiseled stone, after firing all his bullets he had to reload, "this is my chance!" I thought.

I jumped up and aimed my hunting rifle and fired at the mutants head, it stumbled back and I fired again hitting it in the left hand and it dropped the ammunition that it was about to load into it's gun, it leaned over to grab the square bullet case, I fired again and hit it's right leg and it fell forward and tumbled into the water and drowned. With no interest to swim through the disgusting water or cross the bridge so I continued forward into the metro.