Chapter I: Life as a raider

Well, there I was. About to be shot to death by a woman with a revolver, I had my trusty hunting rifle in hand and I still felt defenseless in this situation.

I decided to take action, I quickly pulled up my rifle and took the shot, the bullet hit her shoulder and she screamed as she dropped her revolver.

I dashed to grab it and took it before she could get it, I put her weapon into my empty pistol holster on my right side. The woman picked up a lead pipe off the floor of her house and started in my direction.

I quickly re-aimed my hunting rifle and readied my finger to fire. She swung and made the worst mistake of her life, I pulled the trigger and closed my eyes while the gun went off.

I reopened my eyes to see a decapitated woman leaned against a wall in a pile of blood, I gasped in horror as I had never actually killed anyone. While shivering I searched the woman's corpse and found about 17 .357 bullets which were compatible with her revolver.

I left the house through the back door and left the woman's house with no intent to reenter, as I left I saw a collapsed bridge with 2 red and black soldiers examining it while a Mister Gutsy painted the same colors watched them, the two men wore heavy suits of T-45D Power Armor and were equipped with laser rifles, I was cautious about approaching them. I holstered my rifle and called out to them "Sirs, can you help me!?" They both turned and readied their weapons with urgency, I cowered and they didn't fire, they allowed me to approach them. Slowly I walked towards the men, "What do you want?" The one on the left said "I need help" I said, the one on the right said "If you need help go join the Brotherhood, or go kick stones or whatever you natives do for fun" "Okay" I replied sadly. As I walked away I thought about what they said and decided that my new quest was to find and become a member of the Brotherhood Of Steel.