Beginning of the Mystery

It was finally the weekend, Noel was walking around Main Gate, exploring the area. Meanwhile Jazz was inside studying, and Derek was in Beta at a park. Beta was known as the most technologic city in the whole island. Noel stopped by a garden of roses. Well-known because they're a gorgeous place to relax, but also for the fights that happen between mages. Noel sat on a brench, just to chill out. Jazz went outside and saw Noel, so he approached him. "Hey." He called out, Noel turned his head to look at Jazz. "Are you done studying? And hi." he asked, Jazz nodded in response and sat next to Noel. "Any news about Derek?" he asked. Noel sighed a little, "I only know he's at Beta." he said. Jazz leaned back on the brench. "Any plans for Saturday?" Jazz asked. "The summer break is getting closer anyways." he added, and was right. "True..." Noel said. Then thought about what to say to answer Jazz's question, and then he responded. "I'd like to explore Austin." he finally said. Jazz was left confused. "Explore Austin? Whatever do you mean?" he asked, Noel shrugged it off, as if to say he doesn't know. "You heard it right, explore all Austin." he said, "In four months?" Jazz asked, Noel nodded. "Alright, let's do it." Jazz said. Right after an explosion can be heard from a far, "Uh, what was that?" Noel asked to Jazz, "I don't know and I would like to not." he said to answer Noel's question. Both went to check what happened. The sight was quite horrifying: People were running away, the supermarket was on fire, and around the flames there was someone, wearing all black. "Wh- what happened... here?..." asked Noel with a shaky voice. Jazz had a calm expression on his face, yet a little allarmed, "I don't know. There are flames and the market is on fire, but the flames aren't going in a very natural way." explained Jazz. Noel noticed the person surrounded by flames. "Hey! You! Don't worry! The fire fighters are coming!" Noel yelled so the individual could hear him. But the only thing they did is turn to face Noel and throw a fireball at him from their right hand. "WATCH IT!" Jazz yelled, and pushed Noel away from the range of the fire ball, and then he also moved out of the way in time. They both fell on the dusty ground. "What the?" Noel said and stood back up, so Jazz did. "It's clear, they were the one that caused it." Jazz said, "Right." Noel added. The screaming of the people was vanished, the only thing that remained were the flames surrounding the market, reducing it in ashes, the person also disappeared. "Let's go, Noel." Jazz said, then grabbed Noel's arm and dragged him away from the chaos. Both saw Derek running at them. "Derek!" Noel said, "Are you alright? What happened?" asked Derek, panicking. "We're fine, but don't know who created that fire." explained Jazz, "It was a spell, or manipulation of the flames." Derek said while lowering his head. "You think?" Noel asked, "Of course, idiot." Derek said, and paused, "How do you think the market went on fire, genius?" he asked to Noel, Jazz decided to step in between the two, to not start another fight, "Okay, we got it." he said. At this point the mistery has begun, finding out who did that. And just like that, not only the exploring of Austin, but a whole adventure, full of danger and twists.