𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 7

𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑔𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑠𝑡 𝑔𝑖𝑓𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑎𝑙𝑙..

𝐒𝐚𝐤𝐮𝐫𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕;

The explosion gave me air before I grab onto a lantern and glide down with ease, releasing it in time to fall right onto, the running, Sasuke who was descending the steps. We roll a little ways then sit up and look at each other before Orochimaru's sword clatters at our feet. I realize I'm missing a shoe and try to think back to where I could've lost it when Sasuke places it on my foot and helps me up.

Shukaku lands behind Sasuke, unnoticed by him, and catches Crickee "You are a lucky bug." He tells him before they scurry off toward Khan while above us the fireworks go crazy as the guys join us. Suddenly a very angry Ebisu emerges from the fading smoke "That was a deliberate attempt on my life!" he shouts as he stalks toward us "Where is she? Now she's done it. What a mess!"

Choji pulls me back as Kiba and Gaara stand in front of me, Naruto in front of them and Sasuke at the front. "That creature's not worth protecting." He tells Sasuke as the guys back me away from Ebisu. Sasuke points toward me "She's a hero." He tells him "She's a woman; She'll never be worth anything." Ebisu tells Sasuke as if he should agree with the older man but he grabs the Ebisu by his collar.

"Listen you POMPUS-" "That. Is. Enough." The Hokage cuts off Sasuke's yelling as he descends the steps calmly. Ebisu backs up and they all look to the Hokage "Lord Hokage I can explain." the old man holds up his had silencing him then with the turn on that hand Sasuke steps aside with a lowered head then the others follow in suit and I am left to stand before the great ruler of the Fire Country, The Hokage himself.

𝐍𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕;

Sakura approaches the Hokage and bows "I've heard a great deal about you Haruno Sakura." she glances up at him for a moment "You stole your father's armor, ran away from home, impersonated a shinobi, deceived you commanding officer," Naruto and the others look to Sasuke then they look back at Sakura, though Ebisu's smug face was pissing Sasuke off.

"Dishonored the Konohagakure army, destroyed my palace and," Sakura flinches and braces herself for her punishment "You have saved us all." Those words shocked them as they were spoken, not because it was out of character, but because the Hokage was acknowledging her as a hero too.

Sakura looks up at him and he smiles then bows to her. Naruto and Sasuke share a shocked look and Ebisu just about freaks out before dropping to the floor as far as he can in a bow. The guys straighten up and then they all bow to her. Sskura is shocked as they lower to their knees and bow deeper.

Her shock was palpable as she turns around and everyone in the crowd begins to bow, even Khan where Shukaku and Crickee sit on his back "Our little baby is all grown up and saving Konoha." Shukaku tells Crickee with tears in his eyes as he sniffles "You have a tissue?" he asks and Crickee shakes his head.

Back with Sakura she turns to the Hokage who is up right and as she meets his eyes she quickly looks back down "Ebisu," he calls and the man steps forward "Lord Hokage?" he asks with a smile "See to it that this woman is made a member of my counsel." He's about to write on his board when he stutters "Uh-um-uh- What? Uh, but," he looks about then steps back "There are no counsel positions open Lord Hokage." He tells the Hokage as he walks forward so the older male won't see his smirk.

Sakura and the Hokage stare at his back "Very well," the Hokage says while looking to Sakura and gestures to Ebisu "You can have his job." Sakura look to the Hokage then to Ebisu who whirls around "What! My, my-" he faints before finishing his sentence. Sakura smiles at the childish behavior but bows to the Hokage "With all due respect Lord Hokage I think I've been away from home long enough."