𝑃𝑟𝑜𝑙𝑜𝑢𝑔𝑒

Twilight settles over the Fire Country as always bringing a beautiful spring breeze with it each time. A world of tranquil peace where war has long since come to an end, my father bares the wound to prove his services in the army during time before I could even walk. However, our peace was about to come to an unsettling end when news of war would reach our door steps with the morning sun.

I was still up studying for the stupid matchmaking thing tomorrow to help find me a husband, well me and every other girl in my town. My cousin Tayuya is looking forward to it, she's always been an odd cousin of mine, and she even memorized the, uh, the . . . right, the final admonition, which lay out before me on my bed.

I roll it up and place it on my night stand before blowing out the candle and crawling over to the window to look out at the night sky. The moon was nowhere to be seen in the starry sky as I lift my hand and reach out letting the stars create the border as a star streaks by in a bright flash and vanishing into thin air. I smile at the sight and close my eyes 'I wish I could go on an amazing adventure and put off finding a husband to bear children for and live the rest of my life like an obedient little house wife.'

I look at the sky with large eyes before falling back into bed and closing my eyes "I wish I could play solider with Kakashi again, Uncle Hatake was fun." I pull my blankets up and over my head as I sink into the bed and feel that dark, heavy feeling pull me into sleep.

Narrator Pov;

Far from where our protagonist slumbers through forests and beyond mountains the Great Wall of Konohagakure stands. A shinobi by the name of Yamato paces his post atop the large wall as a bird sweeps down narrowly missing his head before sitting on the towers ledge. The small white bird tilts its head before it pops with a screech, startling Yamato.

A strange clinking noise drew his attention behind him where his eyes rest on a grappling hook "What the-" he says as hundreds of them appear causing him to turn to the tower "We're under attack, light the fire!" no one answers as he runs to the tower and the door opens revealing two men, a silver haired man and a blonde one.

Yamato jumps high on the ladder as a scythe slices into the area below him, breaking the rest of the ladder, as Yamato pulls himself up and runs to the torch. He turns back and comes face to face with those menacing yellow eyes of a man they once knew and trusted, Orochimaru. He drops the torch into the oil and fire blazes into the night.

"Now all of Konohagakure knows you're here." Behind him and the fires begin to light up down the wall in a chain reaction. He reaches out and snaps the wooden flag pole and hold it over the fire letting it burn. Those evil eye orbs twinkle with delight in the fire's glow.

"Perfect."

The news travels faster with each person who passes it on till it reaches Itachi Uchiha, General of the Hokage's army. Itachi hurries out of the war room and straight to the throne room where the doors open immediately allowing him and his two shinobi, Shisui and Genma inside. Once before the Hokage they all kneel as Itachi meets the older man's eyes "Lord Hokage, the northern border has been breached. The Oto have entered Konohagakure."

"Impossible! No one can get thought the Great Wall; our defense is the most secure of them all." Ebisu, the head of the Hokage's counsel, exclaims before the Hokage raises his hand silencing Ebisu and allowing Itachi to continue speaking. "Orochimaru is leading them and the remaining Akatsuki have joined him." The Hokage's eyes widen slightly before narrowing "We will set up defenses around your palace immediately, Orochimaru's target is you." Itachi announces.

"No!" the Hokage stands, shocking everyone in the room "I need you to send your troops to protect my people." He glances at his counsel "Ebisu," the man bows to the Hokage "Yes, Lord Hokage?" full of determination he begins to speak.

"Deliver conscription notices throughout the provinces," he descends the stairs and Itachi stands "Comb up reserves and as many new recruits as possible." The General steps forward slightly "Forgive me Lord Hokage but, I believe my troops can stop him." Itachi states but the Hokage shakes his head I won't take any chances General. A single grain of rice can tip the scale; one man can be the difference between victory and defeat." With those words of wisdom everyone set off the complete the tasks assigned to them.

Our Heroine may just get what she seeks after all.