1. The man that was washed ashore

-

"..oh, shut up." 10k muttered under his breath as he stabbed the soulless in the head, the soulless body fell to the ground by his feet, and 10k wiped the blood off the knife on his pants.

"5,012." He quietly said to himself. That's the number of soulless he has killed over the years, and he won't stop until he makes it to ten thousand.

He has been hunting down the soulless, not waiting for the soulless to come to him.

He's not only been hunting down the dead but also the living. Only a  specific group of people. The Guerries, the group that killed his sister in cold blood.

They murdered her right in front of him, and he remembered all their faces, and he will always remember. He was hunting them down one by one, killing them in cold blood just like they did to his sister.

His sister was one of the good ones. She was always one of the good ones, always the one helping people, always the one sacrificing everything for others.

He wasn't like that, or at least, not anymore. His sister, Cordelia, always taught him to be kind, but people took her away from him, and 10k was far from kind.

Nobody could be kind in this world anymore. All those good ones were the ones that died, but the ruthless ones were the ones that survived.

There wasn't good in people anymore, and there wasn't good in him anymore either.

He gave up on mankind a long time ago, yet it seemed like man kind hasn't given up on him yet.

Especially the nuns at the church and the children.

He stays there, but he rarely there, always out, hunting or gathering supplies for them.

The nuns took him in after his sister died, took care of him, and he owned them, so he was taking care of them, but the children were another problem.

The children and the nuns lived apart, the nuns tried to convince them to go to the church, but the children refused, and so, 10k has been going back and forth but mostly staying with the children , taking care of them, building traps for them,

Simply acting as a distant older brother, as he preferred to stay alone, away from everyone but close just in case they needed him.

The children thought he was cool. Most of them were trying to be like him, tough, or well, at least trying to act tough.

They tried to act tough with him, but it never worked. He wasn't scared. He wasn't scared of anything anymore.

He wasn't afraid of dying either. If his time came, then he would fight like hell because he wasn't going to die until all the people involved in his sisters death were dead.

A snarl sounded through the beach, and the snarl was almost drowned out by the sound of waves crashing into each other, but 10k ears were sharp.

The soulless wasn't going towards him. No, it was going towards a body that was lying half on the beach, half into the ocean.

10k grabbed his sniper rifle and lifted it up, aiming as he took the safety off.

The soulless was an inch away from the body when it fell as 10k pulled the trigger,

"5, 013." He put his rifle back and walked over to the body. He pushed the body on its back with his foot.

It was a man. He was breathing, as far as 10k could tell.

He crouched down and poked him. The man didn't move at all.

10k glanced around and noticed broken parts of a small boat, and he looked back at the man. He must've washed ashore.

He noticed a worn-out bracelet that was made out of a shoelace with the letters R and U . The rest seemed to have snapped off, probably lost in the ocean by now.

10k picked it up and pocketed the bracelet, standing up.

He wanted to leave the man behind, but something inside of him was telling him not to.

10k let out a deep sighed, "I am so gonna regret this later."

🏹

"..where did you find this man?" Isabella carriere question, and 10k glanced at her before looking at the man lying on the bed, still unconscious, probably due to the fact that 10k dropped him pretty hard.

"At the beach." 10k replied, holding the bracelet he found in his hand, his thumb brushing over the worn-out letters.

The R was fading, and the U was almost gone.

"You shouldn't steal from the living." Isabella told him, staring at the man.

"It's not called stealing if it wasn't on him." 10k told her, pushing himself off the wall. He was leaning on.

He put the bracelet away and picked up the bag the man had, "this is called stealing."

"Zep, leave the bag." Isabella told him sternly, and 10k sat down, placing the bag by his feet before opening it.

"Aren't you curious about who this man is? He's clearly American." 10k replied, pulling out a book.

The book was wet, the pages slowly drying together, and a moment, the book was snatched from his hands.

"Go watch after Laurent." Isabella ordered, and 10k sighed, standing up,

"I'm gonna go out, be back...whenever." 10k muttered, grabbing his rifle,

Isabella placed a hand on his arm, making him look at her, "Zep, stay the night. The dead might not sleep, but you need sleep,"

"When was the last time you slept?" Isabella question ,

"Ten hours ago." 10k honestly replied, he couldn't lie to Isabella, and even if he did,she always knew somehow.

10k would like to think Laurent has something to do with that. Laurent was always spying on him, always trying to copy him,

10k didn't mind. He was a kid once, curious, and he had an idol as well, though his idol is dead now,

He was trying to teach Laurent to be different from him. He didn't want him to grow up full of hatred and vengeance.

"Get some sleep, Zep."

🏹

1023 words

Thoughts?