Chapter 39

"Arey maine tujhe nahi bataya tha na, I met a guy in my office. He's also from our college? Matlab imagine the coincidence!" Shehnaaz told Sidharth while they settled themselves in the long furniture in his apartment. It was a fine evening and both of them got lucky to have some time and privacy together since Madhu wanted to go grocery shopping with friends.

"Acha?" He asked.

"Ha! Naman karke hai ek. He's in the accounts department toh aisi kaam se hi milna hua aur usne bataya ke wo mera junior tha college me. Mujhe toh yaad hi nahi tha!" She told him while laying on him and resting her head on his chest.

"Phir maine nahi dekha hoga usko, I passed out of the college while you were in the second year itself, right?" He asked and she nodded

"Hmm. Badhiya. Dost bane office me?" He asked.

"Nahi, matlab, aise kuch ladkiya hain. Riya hai, Aisha hai. Par proper dosti nahi huyi hai, Kriti mam bhi acchi hai lekin hai toh humare manager." She shrugged and he simply kept his hand on her back in assurance.

"Oye! Haaye, mai tere se ek baat bolna bhool gayi." She recalled something and got up to talk to him.

"Bolna aisi." He replied, pulling her back into his arms.

"Mickey se jabhi baat hui thi na last week.. I felt like.. matlab teri behen jaisi hai toh tera aur uska alag raha hai. Lekin wo meri best friend hai yaar, usko humare bare me maine nahi bataya. Aur mujhe acha nahi lagta usse chhupana." She told him.

"Toh bata deti." He shrugged.

"Aisi bata du? Usko pata lagte hi, tere khandan ko pata lag jayega. Pehle Anju aunty ko, phir teri family ko, meri family ko.. kya hum uske liye ready hain Sidharth?" She asked him and he simply looked at her, trying to figure out her answer through her eyes.

 kya hum uske liye ready hain Sidharth?" She asked him and he simply looked at her, trying to figure out her answer through her eyes

"Tu bata, tu ready hai?" He asked and she sighed. If thought about it, there was no harm in informing his family about this relationship until they kept it to themselves.

"Mai batane se darti nahi hu, lekin.. yeh unko galat toh nahi lagega na?" She asked him, afraid how Sheena had considered him like her elder brother and trusted her best friend with that. Not like anybody has stopped her from pursuing him but nobody was expecting it either because they saw the two of them in pretty different lights.