Chapter 7

"Malad me rehte the hum sab pehle, Market yaha se zyada dur nahi hai. Yaha ek bada sa Deen-dayal market hai, waha sare kapde mil jayenge. Aur agar Mickey ko pasand aaye toh Shree Rupam wale bade hi designer shaadi ke jode bhi rakhte hai. Neetu ne wahi se liya tha." Rita Ma told everybody as they drove towards the market the other day.

"Aur Preeti di ne?" Sheena excitedly asked.

"Preeti ko ek bhi dress pasand nahi aayi thi, mujhe yaad hai. Usko bilkul simple aur sober sa lehenga chahiye tha." Anju replied with a smile on her face.

"Ha! Akhir me usne meri shaadi ki saree fitting karwa ke pehni thi." Rita Ma further told them.

"Aw!" Sheena replied. Shehnaaz was just sitting next to her friend with a smile on her face as she kept listening to them, it was like listening to a story they all shared in common.

Once they were in the market Anju decided to buy sarees in bulk for her relatives and the ladies helped her. Rajiv looked for pant and shirt material for the men in the family with Shehnaaz's help.

"200 set lele?" Rajiv wondered and the salesman began to show some fine and branded materials.

"Sabke liye?" Shehnaaz asked him.

"Ha, sabko ek jaise piece de dete hai. Ye ladies karti hai, har guest ke hisab se saree. Humare me toh kaisa bhi dedo." He shrugged.

"Uncle lekin sabke liye same mat kariye. Close guests ke liye aap acha material dekh lo, buzurg honge unke liye safari ke kapde dekhlo. Baki logo ke simple sa karlo. Thodi variety honi chahiye na." She suggested.

"Hm. Teri aunty ne sikha ke bheja hai tujhe?" He chuckled, asking her and gesturing to the salesmen to go ahead with her preference.

"Unko pata tha, aap sari shopping 5 minute me karloge." She laughed, replying to him.

"Montu bete, tujhe pasand aaye toh bol." Rajiv was going through the material in front of them as he asked Sidharth who was by their side.

"Mujhe..?" Sidharth wondered, raising his eyebrows at Shehnaaz.

"Ha, apne liye bhi kuch lele. Ya Mickey ki shaadi me bhi jeans aur tshirt me aayega?" Rajiv joked and the three chuckled.

"Arey nahi uncle. Maine abhi apne friend ki shaadi me ek suit liya hai." Sidharth replied, refusing the offer politely.

Rajiv nodded with a smile. They were done with their part quite earlier than the ladies, Anju and group needed a lot more time to discuss and decide which kind of saree did they need for what all relatives.

"Bore ho raha hai yaar!" Sheena yawned, leaning her head on Sidharth's shoulder.

"Itni der se bas baithi hi hu." Watching her, Shehnaaz yawned as well.

"Muh band karo yaar." Sidharth could not help but yawn because they were yawning right next to him.

"Montu chal na kuch kha ke aate hai, Mummy logo ko jaldi nahi hone wala." Sheena insisted.

"Chal." He agreed.

"Aunty ko bata ke aa!" Shehnaaz interrupted when the two just got up and started to leave.

"Arey yaar." Sheena rolled her eyes at her, walking towards her mother to inform the ladies that they were hungry. Anju had just nodded, but her sister in law didn't like it.

"Hum sab yaha teri shaadi ki shopping karne aaye hain aur tu kaha ja rahi hai? Beta yeh sare kaam karna seekh. Sasural ja ke kya karegi tu?" Bua, the bad aunt, asked her.

"Bua, sasural ja ke shopping thodi karungi yaar. Aap ke liye kuch khane ka lana hai toh bolo!?" Sheena replied and when her aunt didn't respond, she left.

Rab Rakhaजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें