Chapter 14

"Kya baat hai?" Shehnaaz asked Sheena, noticing her friend a little zoned out.

"Kuch nahi. Gana complete karwane pe dhyan de." Sheena shrugged, getting up.

"Okay! Dekho sab, right leg aage. Thik hai? Montu, gana play kar." She said and turned to Sidharth, who was handling their music department.

"Aise kar Dipti, Sharara-sharara. Ab hath neeche karke, phir mai hoon ek sharara." She did the step and then asked everybody to repeat her.

"Do gaane aur hai. Pehle sikha dete hai, practice karte karte aa jayega sabko." Shehnaaz told her.

"Toh hum aage badhte hai, aaj raat dance prepare karke kal ek last practice kyuki shaam ko hi sangeet hai." Sheena told everyone, asking them to make it quick.

Sidharth was watching all of it with an amused smile, they seemed like they were on a mission. He'd steal glances from Shehnaaz every now and then.

"Montu gana laga." She told him and he hit the play button.

"Patanga vargi.. tu awein ud-di! Turn! Ho gayi munde di.." Shehnaaz waved her hands into the air as if she was flying a kite and then swirled before placing her right leg ahead and swaying her hips back and forth as she taught everybody the steps to their next song. Even one para from each wasn't as easy as it had seemed in the beginning. It was half past 2 in the night when they almost came to an end to their sequence.

She'd turn to look at him, gesturing to him to play and pause the song from time to time. Everytime she looked at him, she found him staring at her. Obviously it was because he was handling the music but at times it felt other wise. She couldn't take off her mind from the moment where she held his hands. They had made their way towards the terrace for the dance practice and pretended nothing really happened.

She wanted to feel his hands a little more, they were soft for a tough looking guy like him. She wondered if he was into skincare.

Her phone rang, bringing her out of her thoughts. It was Gurjot calling.

"Kya hai?" She answered it.

"Sheena kaha hai?" Gurjot sounded a little serious.

"Yahi hai, le baat kar." She replied, walking towards her friend.

"Nahi, usko neeche bhej. Bolna peeche ke gate ki taraf aaye." He told her.

"Abe ye tumlog ke milne time nahi hai!? Ghar me guests so rahe hain Guru!" She walked away, towards the corner and scolded him. Her friends had always been that sneaky couple who wouldn't spare any chance to be together. But now was not the time.

"Ha, toh mai konsa unko jagane aaya hu. Dekh, baat karni hai mujhe. Bhej usko tu. Wo phone nahi utha rahi hai mera, dimag kharab karke rakhi hai!" He ranted out.

"Shaadi hai tumhari 3 din baad, aur abhi lad rahe ho?! By God!" She replied in a fed up tone and nevertheless whispered something into Sheena's ear that made her leave immediately.

"Di, kiska call tha iss time?" Dipti asked, wondering who was calling her at this time.

"Dost ka tha." Shehnaaz brushed her off.

"Bohot raat ho gayi hai, kal sabne jaldi uthna hai. Kal time nikal ke ek baar aur practice kar lenge." She told everyone.

"Shehnaaz." Sidharth called out.

"Ha?" She stilled at her place, feeling weird when there were people around them.

"Laptop." He replied, passing her the device and also the pendrive which had their songs merged.

"Thanks." She mumbled, following everybody out through the stairs.

"Mickey kaha gayi?" He asked when he didn't find Sheena around.