Someone I thought I knew..

"Luke?" I asked, fully knowing the answer. "So, how you've been recently?" He questioned. "Alive" I replied. "Who.. Who were you talking to, just now?" He asked, as if he knew who it was. "Just, The sea" I smiled half-heartedly. "Hm.." He mused. "What?" I asked.

He laughed bitterly. "You met your father, he even talked to you. Probably congratulating your victory and quest right? Well mine didn't, he never came. Not to 'apologize' or even just a friendly talk once in awhile. Yet you. A new, Popular. Kid from Manhattan with mommy issues. Met your father when mine? Oh, Mine. Never bothered to fucking visit"  

"Oh and I bet, you felt happy that you finally met the being you have been wanting to forever while I, I saw his face once. Once. And I was 2. He came to apologize to my mom. Not to see me. His own son, But you.." His fist's unclenched. "Yo-You got everything, The perfect family, A successful quest, and people to.. go home to" He smirked. "And all I have, is my wonderful little 'pet' here."

My eyebrows furrowed before realizing what he set down. A scorpion. And not just any scorpion. Pit. I remember Luke telling me about how if you see one to kill it as fast as you could. But this one was different. It wasn't distracted. It saw me and it didn't stop.

"L-Luke? What are you doing?" I asked nervously. "Percy, Join us" His crooked smile glowing in the moonlight. "Swear allegiance, to Kronos. The soon to be king of the world. The gods times are over Jackson, are you with me? Or not". "I don't have much of a choice here so I?" I laughed humorously. "Nah, accept or decline, It may be your choice but I wouldn't pick the latter" He replied.

I thought about it. All the kids who never get claimed. The forgotten children just because the gods didn't have the time or care in their world to show recognition.

"I'm gonna have to decline, Sorry Luke, The gods may be terrible rulers but a titan king? Wouldn't do any better would it?" I taunted. "You realize, your going to die here then right?" He said. "Eh, Whatever happens now is just an action in someone else's game. And I'm afraid, you aren't the rule maker" I replied.

"I might not be, but I can get pretty damn close" he said. "Goodbye Percy, A shame, we could have used a strong demigod for a change. You won't see to the beginning of a golden age, I'll make sure of that" He vanished.

With that the scorpion started its advance. Slowly and carefully I drew my hand to my back pocket, Grabbing riptide in pen form I held it in front of me and waited for its jump.

I uncapped it and it sliced the small creature in half. Nearly missing it.

Breathing heavily I went to the 'Big House' planning to report the incident. "Percy? What are you doing here so late my boy?" Chiron asked drowsily.

"It was Luke" "He planned it all, Stole the bolt, Hid it in the shield, and planned for it to reach his 'master' that he is currently serving". I said. Chiron's face darkened. "I always knew that boy was destined for big things, But I didn't think he'd be destined for evil" He sighed. "It seems we have a traitor in our midst"

"Get some sleep, You've had enough excitement for the night, I will announce this in the morning." Chiron ordered. "Alright" I replied, walking off.

I couldn't sleep. I lay awake, restless, thinking, what if I accepted his offer? What if I got stung by the scorpion?

Before I knew it, the breakfast signal rang. I wasn't hungry, how could I be? I almost died. So I went to do the only logical thing. See my friend.

~~~~~~

"Morning Pinecone!" I chirped. Mist shimmered as her form appeared. "Terrible name for your information" She replied. "Fine, I'll stop, only for you Pinecone" And her cheeks flushed.

"Seriously though, I have something to tell you" I said. She nodded for me to continue. "Luke, He-" "No, I already know, please, don't remind me" She said, not giving me a chance to finish my sentence. I sighed. "Ok" She smiled gratefully.

"So? You planning on getting the fleece?" Thalia asked.  "Yeah, the thing is, We have no idea where it is, and no reason to get it. I have a few ideas but then again, I'm still new to this world, I may not have the best thoughts about it, Should we bring Annabeth into this?" I answered. "She's smart, she'll have ideas. And she'll be on board, we probably can, but if she narcs then we'll know it's her because for one: if it was you you'd have told already and two, I literally cannot talk to anyone else." She laughed.

"So.. grab her from her cabin and/or lunch later?" I mused. "Of course, I'm sure once she figures out what's up then she shouldn't mind, although I've noticed that she strongly dislikes you anyways. So there is a small chance she tries to get you in trouble or something".

"You're talking to a tree" A voice said behind. I looked back and noticed, It was Annabeth.

"Hah! I was just gonna get you" I said. "Why?" she asked
"We need your help." I answered. "For what? And who's we? You're literally not talking to anyone" She replied. "Thalia, She's a spirt of the tree basically, yet nobody can see her. Or hear, except me strangely"

"Proof?" Annabeth questioned. "Thalia, where did you and Luke findAnnabeth?" I asked. "In an alley, with a hammer, trying to kill a hellhound" She answered. "Well?" Annabeth asked. "She said you were in an alley with a hammer, killing a hellhound." I relied.

"I-" Annabeth paused. "Thalia?" She started tearing up. "Yeah, so.. we need a little help" I said. "With?" She asked, A spark in her eyes. "Possible locations for the Golden Fleece" I replied. "But why would- Oh, Oh.... I'll help" She said.

"Thanks" I said smiling. Maybe we can actually be friends this time..

~~~~~~~~~

So that's that, very late update I know. Exams suck but it's also because I've been sleeping way too much lately when I'm out of school so. Here's this.